Title of Job: Senior Product Manager, SSO & Authentication
Role Located in: San Francisco
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Company Description: Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 3,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Box, Chiquita, Clorox, Del Monte Foods, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, use Okta to improve employee productivity, reduce IT costs and improve security. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry’s fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by the premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta started as a cloud based Single Sign On provider betting that businesses will eventually move all their apps to the cloud. Today, Okta is tackling a grand vision of being the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. Authentication and SSO are the key building blocks needed to fulfill that vision. Every day, millions of users around the globe authenticate to Okta and use us to securely and seamlessly connect to tens of thousands of enterprise applications. Developers building the next generation of products, or a new web or mobile application for their company also use Okta’s SSO and authentication products to secure access to their apps with just a few API calls.
We’re looking for a technically strong product leader to drive our bell-weather SSO product to the next level. In this role, you’ll be setting the strategic direction for the product, as well as working closely with Engineering to define, prioritize, build and deliver a roadmap to drive that vision forward. In addition, you’ll own the core Authentication and Federation services (e.g., SAML, OpenID Connect, and certificate-based authentication) that are the underpinnings of how Okta works. Success in this role requires you to have a technical background, good business sense, and an ability to partner closely with our engineering, user experience, technical and product marketing and business development teams at Okta.
Experience building authentication solutions for market-leading products or services is desired. If you can combine that with a deep understanding of the world Enterprise IT, you’d fit right in! Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand customer requirements, define our overall short and long term strategy, strategically prioritize what’s most important, and work across your PM team and the broader Okta organization to ensure delivery
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Major areas of responsibility include:
- Setting product strategy and direction for the SSO product
- Defining and executing on the roadmap for Core Authentication services at Okta
- Understanding core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support
- Working with the rest of the Okta product leaders to prioritize and deliver the key components required to advance the broader company strategy
- Prioritizing across a number of product investment areas and detailed features
- Working with Engineering, the wider PM team and other internal groups to define and document user stories and use cases to guide product development
- Track industry trends and competition to inform product decisions and strategy
- Collaborating with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content
- Collaborating with technical marketing as the subject matter expert to enable the Okta technical sales force
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on business-critical projects
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Experience driving and “going deep” on technically challenging features (preferably around authentication)
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- Experience with products which directly interface to end-users
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with authentication and access management protocols and products
- Experience developing enterprise IT products
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.