We are looking for a passionate and experienced Product Owner to lead the development of the next generation of hotel price comparison product, FindHotel. If you like the idea of solving some of the toughest problems in travel, creating a great user experience and delivering a complex product that is used and loved by millions of users per month – you might be the person we’re looking for!
What you tell your friends you do
“We’re on a journey and I’m helping to draw the map, put fuel in the tank and make sure the driver is taking all the right turns. And I made a kick-ass mix tape too!“
What you will really be doing
- Leading the execution of our analytics-driven product development; you will define the overall product roadmap and set priorities for our talented squad of developers and UX specialists.
- Managing the product backlog and ensuring delivery – you help to conceive the features and functionality, convert them to technical requirements, manage the build and implementation, and measure the impact.
- Building a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing you make it happen.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the latest technology and changes in our industry to assess their relevance to our product and our end-users.
- Work with your team to integrate user research, A/B testing and market analysis into product requirements for new features to continuously improve user experience and conversion rates.
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a team stand-up and help remove any roadblocks the team is facing. Before lunch you review the results of a recent A/B test with some of the team and learn that it failed to improve the associated KPI; the data you have gathered is invaluable and you immediately incorporate this learning into your planning. After lunch you work with the backend developers to understand a possible improvement to our API to support user-facing features you have planned for later in the year, you convert the concept into a requirement and ensure the right resources are in place to implement this feature. Before heading home you grab a beer (or other tasty beverage) and review the roadmap with the other POs in the company, the VPE and the CEO to look for challenges ahead, validate ideas and spot opportunities.
The team: You will be working with a talented team of developers, an analyst and a UX designer.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 6 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 1.5M monthly visitors to 10M+within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 26 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It’s an exciting journey in a company that’s driven by data.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a startup environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative is valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, unlimited snacks and beer, ping pong tables and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
People we love:
- A proven track record delivering technically complex projects and products, you know that execution is the key
- Experience delivering and growing websites that have scaled up to deal with a large user base
- Have a great instinct for developing innovative products and understanding customer use-cases
- A fast learner with a curious mindset who is willing to experiment
- Experience working in an agile software or web development team
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying
The position is available immediately, with start dates no later than October 2016.