Cleo was created to improve your financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship with money through simplicity and a sense of humour.
Cleo’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
The team + role
Every team and person at Cleo cares about building a product customers love, and scaling it to millions of people. To build this we need to know our customers and data inside out, in a way that spurs the whole company to action.
Data is at the core of what we do, and this team will be the data and product-driven insight engine. It will bring a technical, product-led approach to our growth and business model: breaking down every element of acquisition and lifetime value – investigating and improving our understanding, running experiments and working closely with teams across the business to drive these metrics forward.
As Head of Growth, you’ll lead a team constantly exploring customer data and trends, creating and running tests, and revealing the current and future-facing insights. The team will create the infrastructure, models and experiments to drive faster action, better decision making and quicker progress towards Cleo’s missing: to improve everyone’s relationship with money.
What kinds of things will this team work on?
- Own specific metrics and commercial goals for the business, rather than a single feature
- Understand the inner workings of our business model – providing credit alongside financial health coaching, taking people out of debt spirals and improving their financial health over time
- Own all performance marketing activities for Cleo, working closely with our VP of Marketing
- Constantly build and iterate on experiments to drive our business metrics, enabling us to take quick action on:
– Our product set, how we refine, expand and communicate it
Acquisition strategies, to improve our funnel and costs to acquire
– The key levers to drive up customer love, retention and referral
– Create dashboards and tooling that drives testing and iteration across our organisation
- Build our growth and attribution infrastructure, from 3rd party attribution tooling to bringing in new channels and partnerships over time
What are we looking for?
- Sceptical, curious, and analytical. In a word: scientific
Background in engineering or finance preferred
- Strength in data analysis, results-oriented and metric driven
SQL and basic programming knowledge essential
- Adaptable, flexible and diplomatic – you’ll ask hard questions and need to communicate the answers across the team in ways that help drive collaboration and action.
- Curious about new technologies as well as about industry trends and global consumer behaviour
- Able to build dashboards in visualisations tools such as Sisense
- Startup experience, ideally in growth or scaling the company business model – you’ve seen some of the journey, and the challenges, we’ll go through.
- An ethical backbone. Cleo’s got a bite, you should have one too.
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We’re prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You’ll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We’re not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We’re changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn’t stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.