OSARO is an Industrial AI company that endows industrial robots with the level of autonomy needed to perform an extensive variety of useful tasks through a tightly integrated package. We do this to enable the world’s manufacturing and logistics systems to scale and meet the challenges of today and the future — from feeding the world during Covid-19 to improving production in regions with an aging workforce. The work we do is cutting-edge, while being both challenging and impactful. We’re looking for someone like you – an experienced product manager to help us meet the challenges of our time.
Our ~50 person team has all the hallmarks of what success looks like on paper — 9 PhD’s, papers published, credentials from world’s best academic institutions, and specialists in all of our key areas of focus. We’ve also got what it takes to succeed in the real world — senior leadership who have been through the growth stages before, top tier investors, and a focus on solving real customer pain points to drive product value. And we’ve got the intangibles: diversity in thought, nationality, gender, and background, plus a willingness to debate the right course of action, and the cohesion to come together to focus when the target is in sight.
We’re looking for someone like you. Someone who brings not just a diversity of thought, but of experience, origin, nationality, and gender. Someone who has done this (B2B Enterprise Software Product Management at Series B, Series C, and Series D+) before. Someone who understands, has experience with, and can handle the complexities of an embedded software product, dependent on cutting edge A.I., as well as robot control, in a channel sales environment to enable end-customers to succeed.
You know how to jump into a discussion with technical leaders to elicit the right tradeoffs. You navigate the interpersonal, political and business pitfalls of having all the responsibility, but none of the authority to direct your engineering peers. You know how critical it is to align with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering, but how to avoid unnecessary meetings too.
Most of all, you know your skills could be put to better use than in building the next social app, influencer tool, or marketing automation platform.
You want to help us unlock the next wave of automation and productivity in our global supply chain — to help with the pressures of today’s pandemic needs, but also to future-proof the world’s supply of critical goods against the next thing “we could never have seen coming.”
Learn more about the company and this role by reading this Open Letter. Then, if you want to guarantee you get a screening call, assuming you’ve got the minimum requirements below, include a thoughtful cover letter that addresses aspects of the open letter alongside your resume.
What we think a successful candidate looks like:
- 5-7+ years experience as a product manager with notable success shipping complex SW and Data products which focus on enterprise B2B, robotic automation, manufacturing, AI/ML, or similar.
- Experience in the Series B/C scaling phase of a startup, from 50-150 people.
- Experience successfully converting customer needs, partner demands, and business opportunities into a prioritized list of features, that incrementally build into a larger overall product roadmap.
- Experience navigating interdisciplinary product requirements to drive successful outcomes through influence and rapport with engineering and commercial peers.
- Experience with software products that require high uptime and performance, preferably in industrial applications
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with AI/ML products in general or computer vision in particular.
- Robotics / IOT / Warehouse Automation experience.
- Worked with robotic manipulation hardware: arms, 3D cameras, force sensors
What You’ll be Doing
- You will work directly with customers to understand their pain points as well as evangelize solutions.
- You will work with engineering, sales, product, and other peers to define customer needs, and provide clear feature specifications, designed to meet those needs.
- You will work closely with sales, marketing, and management to ensure we are building the highest value product while also addressing the largest possible market