Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization software company focused on the intersection of big data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies.
Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, and gaming. More recently we’re building proprietary products and platforms, and provide UI/UX Design, agile software development R&D, and consulting services for a diverse range of private companies, as well as the U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
Collectively, Zoic has 400 employees, with offices in Los Angeles, Vancouver, and New York City. Our team has earned 8 Emmy Awards, 8 Visual Effects Society Awards, among others, for visual effects in movies such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, and television series’ such as Game of Thrones, Homeland, CSI, and Battlestar Galactica.
The Product Manager will work closely with the Zoic Labs leadership team, software development team, and clients to develop advanced software products with a focus on data visualization, UI/UX design, web applications, and VR/AR/MR.
This position will involve working on public facing B2B products as well as government focused products for the U.S. Space Force and the Department of Defense.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-directed, while collaborating closely with a very diverse team.
- Manage the full product lifecycle from conception to launch.
Work directly with customers to determine their needs and define specific features.
- Manage several concurrent software projects involving diverse technical issues, customer needs, and development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, Waterfall, etc).
Communicate progress on projects and related tasks regularly, to ensure stakeholder awareness, both internally and externally. Includes assisting in developing and orchestrating demonstrations.
- Ensure products conform with customer program requirements, including technical tasks, schedules, costs, reporting, and facility/infrastructure compliance.
Ensure products meet a high standard of quality and meet customer needs.
- Assist in developing and orchestrating demonstrations and presentations.
- Perform the Scrum Master role (when applicable) to ensure effective use of daily standups and sprint events, provide resolution towards blockers, and foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Anticipate all needs for meetings such as conference rooms, teleconferencing arrangements, travel details, catering, meeting notices, attendee confirmations, materials and presentations.
- Experience specifically in the management of software products.
- Must have experience as a Project or Product Manager delivering multiple projects end-to-end with small to medium sized cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly, communicate effectively, and appreciate technical subtleties.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in an ambiguous environment with flexible infrastructure and process, with a positive attitude.
Desirable Qualifications (not required):
- Experience managing software products with graphics and/or visualization related features.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), North American Classification System (NAICS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with 3-5 years of experience managing software feature development from concept to an executable set of designs, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- This is a remote/work-from-home position that may require on-site work in the future.
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
- We also serve the best homemade guacamole in Culver City.
- Zoic Labs is a proud equal employment opportunity employer.and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Security Clearance: Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant may be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required.