OLM Systems is the leading provider of person centric case management solutions to the UK Social Care and Community Health markets with over 60 local authority customers. OLM have 30 years of experience in working with customers across the UK to deliver modern SaaS solutions to take the complexity out of people’s lives by delivering integrated solutions for adult and children’s services, health and the corporate IT market. Our software enables customers to make a positive impact on the lives of the vulnerable adults and children who they support. OLM is proud of its people and its products and everything we do is with a passion to make a difference to others.
What are you doing now?
You could be working in a local authority responsible for management reporting and statutory returns. You could have previously worked as a Product Owner or have been a Data Officer, Business Analyst, Reports Officer or Management Information Officer for a provider or local authority in one of our core markets of social care of education.
In this Product Owner position, you will have ownership of the development of reports and returns for one or more, of our markets. Many of our products enable our customers to meet statutory requirements on performance of the service they provide.
You will need to work with government bodies, customers and the wider OLM to ensure our customers can meet their statutory deadlines for data production which are non-negotiable. You can be based in any one of our Teddington/Glasgow/Newport offices with occasional working from home. For the right candidate, you can be permanently home based.
Working within an agile sprint team you will deliver user stories for them to implement and accept the work when completed. Some points of the year are much busier than others meaning you will need to prioritise accordingly. Your work will need co-ordinating with practice leads and product managers to ensure the right data is collected. As part of the role you will need to you working directly with customers. You may need them to agree changes before they are made or act as the final layer of support when they have issues.
Areas of Responsibility
· Ownership of the product backlog for one or more markets
· Work with customers to understand their needs and consequences of changes
· Provide help to colleagues as required acting as a subject matter expert
· Experience working with a development team preferably with a B2B SaaS product
· Knowledge of reporting, business intelligence and associated tools and technologies
· Experience with social care or other statutory returns particularly those relating to children is a major benefit
· Ability to deal with demanding customers who can present conflicting requirements
· Analytical skills, for investigating and solving errors in large data sets.
· Ability to understand customer needs and develop a backlog in an agile environment
· Sufficient technical understanding to understand different development options and their impact
· Presence and confidence to motivate cross-functional teams to deliver to deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.