Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Junior Product Manager.
We win lots of awards – a few recent ones include #7 on the The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, The Queen’s Award 2016, Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards.
Our growth has also placed us on the FinTech 50 and the Investec Hot 100.
Basically, we are a company that is going places!
We are looking for a Junior Product Management professional who lives to delight the customer, thrives in a fast pace, collaborative environment and loves technology.
This role is to own and develop consumer and/or business facing technology products as part of the Product Management team, driving the development of products such as our online platform and our API. This is a new role in an entirely new team, so we are looking for someone who can help instill a passion for product and customer experience across World First.
You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders and customers to fully understand the scope of the problem that you are looking to solve. Once you have figured out the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of a problem, you can translate this into set of user stories and acceptance criteria for developers and designers to work on.
You are not just someone to manage a backlog, this role is for someone who is passionate about product and technology. Combining hands on implementation and backlog management with vision and the ‘big picture’, supporting the fast paced growth of the business and our customers.
- You are excited about taking a product idea and turning it into a reality – you get things done and can communicate both the long term product vision and short term priorities to business stakeholders.
- You are comfortable defining, owning and driving the product roadmap for your area of focus, working with multiple stakeholders across World First.
- You are comfortable taking a high level roadmap and converting this into a single backlog with a user stories for a development team(s) to work on.
- You can provide your product development team(s) with a clear steer on prioritised items and get them to buy into the wider business and customer context.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on digital products or projects, gathering and analysing requirements, customer feedback as well as product usage data.
- An understanding of agile/lean principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn
- An ability to analyse business and customer problems and draft user stories to define them. You enjoy understanding the data and how it leads to actionable insights and solutions.
- Great communication skills and comfortable working with stakeholders and customers at all levels and getting the best out of our development teams.
- Passion for owning the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience of being curious, always asking ‘why’ and looking for business or customer critical problems to solve.
- Experience of working in a fast pace financial service or Fintech business.
- A background in business analysis, breaking complex problems down into chunks.
- An appreciation of user experience and customer pain points.
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties – and more!
Please apply using this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oS1J3fwp&s=MindTheProduct