Datadog is looking for a Product Manager who will be part of a dynamicProduct team in hyper-growth stage. We are looking for someone with demonstrated success in launching and iterating on a product or suite of products and features. You will love being challenged, want to grow your skills and learn new things, and are deeply passionate about what you do. We value an entrepreneurial spirit who does not wait for things to happen.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the entire product development lifecycle, partnering with resources from Engineering, Design, and Product Marketing.
- Define roadmap for entire product.
- Gather requirements from internal and external customers and write thorough, well-researched product specifications.
- Ensure high quality product launches that matches market needs.
- Meet with current and prospective customers to understand their needs to drive product planning.
- Follow industry trends through exploring complementary andcompetitive products, meeting with partners, attending conferences, and investigating new technologies.
- Contribute to company-level product planning by developing concepts into specs, evaluating them, and participating as we build a strategic product roadmap.
- Generate, gather, and organize ideas for features and improvements for the Datadog product, prioritize feature requests, and maintain part of the roadmap.
- Investigate and analyze requests from customers, partners, and internal team, design solutions for them, and drive their implementation.
- Design product enhancements and communicate designs orally, through diagrams, and through PRDs.
- Facilitate software development projects, working with our design team, engineering team, and other partners.
- Coordinate feature launches, including orchestrating testing, documentation, training rollout sequencing, customer communication, and adoption measurement.
- Serve as a resource for other employees who have product questions,feature requests, and other needs.
- Present current and future capabilities to both internal and externalaudiences.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a product management, project management, or product-oriented technology role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience as an agile product owner on one or more product that you have delivered to market.
- Customer minded with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidanceand following through on commitments.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Able to generate creative, simple solutions to complex problems.
- The ability to lead via influence and have strong leadership instincts.
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment.
- Experience in SaaS software.
- Experience in simplifying complex products and processes.
Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing hyper-growth, but is not yet a household name. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact.
Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
Impact: This role will have the opportunity to drive the roadmap of the product.
Workplace perks: You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our Flatiron office, which features a roof deck, high ceilings, and lots of light. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.