Product Manager for Analytics
Qubit is looking for a product manager for our analytics products.
We are looking for someone who can empower marketers, analysts and developers with data to power ecommerce businesses to deliver great customer experiences.
Qubit’s mission is to help marketers deliver their big ideas. The analytics product manager will be responsible for managing, optimising and evolving our Big Data technology and our analytics platform products with a focus on creating data driven customer experiences.
You will contribute to the product vision, and be responsible for delivering on a product roadmap to improve marketers’, analysts and developers’ data capabilities.
Analytical at scale? Can you handle really Big Data that is growing at thousands of events per second? Do you love making vast data eminently useful to a range of users from simple marketers to Big Data analysts? Can you deliver products that ensure the right data can be used to make the right decisions?
Obsessive about optimisations? Know how to build and scale data warehouse, benchmark performance, speed up querying, minimise wasted resources, making sure the right data gets to the right people to make the right decisions at the right time?
Passionate about products? We are proud of the products we take to market. Finding simple elegant solutions to complex challenges to ensure the end user can access a product that really solves for their requirements and drives genuine business value.
YOU WILL BE…
Data driven and curious. Know how to use data to find opportunities and challenges and how to ask questions of data.
You will be working closely with…
- Software engineers, located in London, Prague and Lahore, responsible for building the data products that our customers rely upon
- Product managers for the rest of Qubit’s stack, integrating with existing APIs, providing counsel on how best to report/analyse/predict, and defining requirements for new services
- Customers in a range of roles, who use the product, understanding what data they need to deliver their big ideas
The principal dimensions of this job:
- Core product management skills. Ability to prioritise and ship features and products across a full lifecycle from initial concept, specification, development, to launch and beyond.
- Productionising data design and display. Demonstrating an understanding of visualisation and information/data design to add thought value and leadership to the analytics capability of Qubit
- Stating requirements and defining success. Ability to define specific user requirements for the product and define success criteria to help engineers understand exactly what is required.
- Market understanding. Work across the organisation to consolidate, rationalise, and prioritise market requirements into product road map to define go to market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements.
- Communication to a wide range of stakeholders. Clearly articulate the merits of the product, how it works technically (or non-technically), justify design or prioritisation decisions; and lead product launches.
- Lead go-to-market efforts with marketing, sales and services to create collateral to support launches including case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams.
Therefore you will need:
- Hands-on product management experience with examples where you have come up with ideas, influenced their direction and shipped
- Ability to learn a wide range of technologies and software from different perspectives: systems, software development, data processing, APIs, automation and operations
- Very strong knowledge and experience with a range of analytics and BI tools and being able to explain the difference between them
- Previous experience working with and alongside Product Design teams
- The ability to multi-task – you will be working on multiple projects simultaneously and following the lean approach – doing more with less
- Drive. You are passionate about the products you build and love driving the future strategy of the product whilst remaining execution and delivery focussed
It’s not required but it would be great if you have experience with any of these:
- Delivering and shipping analytical products which are used by a range of stakeholders to make decisions, and have been successful in the market
- Communicating requirements and concerns on behalf of both product team and customer interests
- Successfully operating in a data-driven decision making environment to ensure the right features are being delivered
- Working with some of the technologies we like: BigQuery, Redshift, Tableau, Looker, Mulesoft, and other modern analytics products used at very large scale Big Data environment
- Exposure to machine learning and predictive analytics
- Reading, defining and documenting well defined and easy to use APIs for accessing and reporting on data
As a valued Qubyte, you will be entitled to the following perks:
- Realistic performance related bonuses
- Generous equity options which mean you’ll own a piece of the pie
- Excellent private health and dental insurance packages
- A relaxed approach to time off and enough holidays to see several corners of the world
- A bank of fridges fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate espresso machine for your java fix
- Sports teams to join, free yoga and meditation classes to make sure your body is as healthy as your mind
- Subsidised gym membership
- Thank Qubit It’s Friday – we have lots of creative ways to let off steam at the end of the week
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
If you are a product manager who wants to build the future of ecommerce and likes working in a dynamic environment, please get in touch!
At Qubit, we champion diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace difference with open arms and see it as a huge benefit to our community. We are dedicated to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know.