Limelight’s mission is to expand job opportunities for skilled trades workers in America. To achieve this, we are building a marketplace to match workers with employers.
We are seeking a Senior Data Product Manager to join our mission, and to deliver products that turn data into insights. You’ll work closely with the tight-knit product team, data engineers, and data scientists and drive data strategy and own the roadmap.
We are an early-stage startup that invests in our people. This is an individual contributor role today. As Limelight grows, we want you to have opportunities to lead, mentor (if that’s one of your goals), and grow with the company.
If you are an entrepreneurial and results-driven PM who wants to solve a challenging and meaningful problem in our society with talented teammates, then keep reading!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Own the strategy and roadmap for Limelight’s data products and related admin tools
- Research and assess structured and unstructured datasets to grow Limelight’s core offering
- Articulate business outcomes for proposed priorities to various audiences, ranging from leadership to scrum team
- Work closely with the data engineers and data scientists; rally the team behind the roadmap, set goals and ship the roadmap in a fast-paced environment
- Bring transparency and predictability into research projects; partner with data scientist(s) to articulate project goals, milestones, and risks
- Collaborate with product teammates to bring data insights into marketplace products that ultimately benefit our end users
- Translate “What” to build for your product areas into PRDs, epics, and user stories; prioritize what goes into a sprint, and groom the backlog
- Contribute to go-to-market plans and collaterals
Work with Head of Product on skilled trades research projects
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of proven track record of shipping data products and internal tools that resulted in business impact
- Experience in scoping research projects with data scientists; and have demonstrated an understanding in how data leads to insights, recommendations, optimizations
- Experience in building data products from scratch
- Experience with Lean and Agile processes; familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Strong analytical chops. You find a way to get the data you need, prototype, and generate insights. Proficiency in SQL, Excel and other analysis tools
- You’ve successfully delivered products in a fast-paced, resource-constrained startup environment
- You have experience in the manufacturing or construction, in general
The right person for this role
- You are intellectually curious and honest
- You take initiatives in getting up-to-speed quickly on domain knowledge; in our case, you will start by devouring manufacturing and construction domain knowledge
- You are technical enough to be a credible partner to data engineers and data scientists
- You geek out analyzing large data sets
- You advocate for the user; you want to experience employers and candidates’ pain points first hand in order to solve them
- You take ownership and have high-standards for your work
- You are organized and a clear communicator
- You are positive, resilient, and display flexibility when problem solving and receiving feedback
- You have a bias towards action; a ‘get it done’ mentality.
- You want to build a high-quality and meaningful product, and a big company
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Great teammates to bring your smile to via Google Meet every morning 🙂