Join a small but nimble product team in a successful, rapidly growing startup. Sound good? Email your C.V. and a little blurb on why you’d like to join Hopster to email@example.com
Hopster is an app that helps kids to learn through the shows they love, striking a balance between learning and fun. As one of the top-ranking kids apps on the App Store in 20 countries and counting, one of the App Store’s Best of 2014 and Best of 2015 selection as well as Kidscreen 2016 Best Streaming Video Platform winner, we already do this for over 500k families.
Our investors and advisors include Sandbox & Co, Peter Read (LoveFilm), MADE.com CTO Jonathan Howell, and Davina McCall.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a super mid-weight producer to help us develop and manage the technology and features that drive our user acquisition stack. We’re looking for someone who combines creativity, analytical skills and a passion for the kids space to help us take Hopster to the next level.
If you have a background in a relevant role (especially mobile gaming or performance marketing) and you love marketing tech, working with a passionate team and want kids to watch and learn good stuff, this job is perfect for you.
More about the role
Since launching in December 2013, Hopster’s become one of the world’s favourite kids apps. Firmly established as the market leader in the UK, our global roll-out kicked off in June 2015 and we’re now working on winning the rest of the world. To help us achieve this, we need someone to help us produce the most exciting and innovative content for kids.
At Hopster, a Producer has two main areas to focus on; Product Manager and Project Manager.
Product Manager: help shape the best possible product by defining the product vision, goals and release strategy, whilst representing the needs of the customer.
Project Manager: seeing a project through from the creative ideation to delivery. This will include scoping, budgeting, producing, managing the project to timelines through the entire process.
This particular Producer role has a strong focus on working with our user acquisition teams and retention teams to ensure we’re delivering features and functionality that drive installs, conversion and user retention. You’ll be working on tasks like:
- Working with our marketing technology partners (people like SWRV, AppSee and Branch.io) to build a marketing stack based on the latest technology
- Designing and implementing new features to improve user acquisition and retention – like onboarding
- Working with our Growth team to collect and analyse data to help us optimise UA performance
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Care about and believe in our mission – making screentime a win/win for kids and parents,
- Be excited about working with the latest user acquisition and marketing technology
- Actively following the latest trends in your field and be keen to evangelise them to other
- Have first rate product skills with a strong analytical bent
- Have 3 years experience in a relevant producer role, seeing a project through from the creative ideation to delivery and making key decisions about product vision and shape
- Have worked with cross functional teams (designers, animators, developers, stakeholders),
- Have strong planning skills
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple projects,
- Able to manage tight budgets effectively and efficiently,
- Want to join a fast-growing startup (even if you don’t have prior experience in a startup environment),
- Be self-motivated, resilient and able to make your own work
- Ideally be fluent in another European language or two (for sense-checking)
And we care if you are:
- Passionate, driven, energetic
- Problem solving not problem seeking,
- Positive and friendly but not scared to speak your mind,
- Strategic and organised
- A great communicator.
About working at Hopster
We understand children and we are a diverse, ambitious team. We strive for a fast, fun, and creative environment. We embrace new ideas and work together to build a better Hopster. Everyone gets as much responsibility as they can handle and, as a rapidly growing company, we’d expect to offer people who perform well plenty of future growth opportunities.
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a rapidly growing company, with opportunities for further growth, training and development.
- You will be able to shape your own role whilst being supported by the Programme Manager (Project Management Lead) and Product Lead.
- You’ll be working alongside other multi-talented Producers and part of our growing international team.
- Opportunity to work with latest technology alongside a passionate, fast growing team
- Regular Hopster socials, including Movie nights, Games nights, Life drawing to name but a few. We are a creative and geeky bunch here at Hopster.
There’s a brand-new PureGym right below the office (to which you’ll get complimentary membership), two climbing walls, plus we have free curry on Fridays and yoga lessons in the office (not at the the same time as the curry, fortunately).
Still sound good? Get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.