Looking to make a big impact in an early stage start-up?
Sixley is a revolutionary, digital platform that mimics how the best headhunters find talent – through the personal recommendations of a role’s peers. But, unlike a headhunter, we do this quickly, nicely and fairly. And at a fraction of the usual cost.
And, with around £110bn spent on headhunters and recruitment agents annually, it’s a market that’s ripe for disruption – like taxis or hotel rooms were 10 years ago.
Our platform is getting some great results, we’ve a strong team of management and advisors and are currently working ‘hand-in-glove’ with some of Britain’s largest companies to revolutionise their hiring.
To help us grow, we’re looking for an ambitious and high potential recent graduate, or second-jobber, to join us as a Product Manager. We’re looking for someone with a passion for the digital world who’s keen to be a core member of the team and develop their product management skills as we build out our platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role with a huge impact championing ideas across the business.
And for the right person, there’s meaningful equity as well as salary.
· Manage and work with our fantastic, international, remotely-based design and development team (led by the ex-Lastminute.com tech team).
· Work with the CEO and sales team to develop and prioritise new product ideas based on customer feedback, job performance metrics, and the vision of the company.
· Breakdown new product ideas into customer journeys, specifications, flows and detailed tickets to translate the business needs into actions for the design and development teams.
· Plan sprints and prioritise backlog tickets to ensure product development in an agile method.
· Carry out testing on tickets following a release and report bugs in an understandable way to the computer engineering team.
· Set expectations for dates of new functionality as well as provide updates and explain development issues to the CEO and sales team.
· Create mock-ups and prototypes of designs of new features to test user experience on customers prior to the building stage.
· Troubleshoot and manage the day-to-day operations of the platform.
Required experience and skills
· Experience of thinking through, mapping out and building something – whether that’s creating a website, an app, an event, a business or a student society.
· High-energy and a real desire to develop product management skills in a start-up environment.
· A strong sense of initiative, passion for problem-solving, clarity and attention to detail.
Desirable experience and skills
· Experience as a Product Manager / Product Associate – ideally 0.5 years to 2 years
· Use of product management tools e.g. Jira, Trello, Slack and Figma
· Experience using common platform components e.g. Django admin, SendGrid, Google Analytics, Zendesk, Typeform, Hotjar an advantage
· A relevant degree e.g. computer science, maths preferred but not a requirement (previous Product Manager did History!)
· We are currently fully remote, with regular London team meet-ups, due to Covid-19
· Salary, pension and equity
· Flexible working including work-from-home Fridays
· Twice yearly trips to dev team get-togethers in the Ukraine
Check out our website and video at sixley.com.
Sixley is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all parts of the community.