TOSHI delivers the luxury of convenience.
We’re a dynamic fashion technology B2B2C start-up that brings in-store clienteling services directly to the customer at home, on-demand. Our network of trained assistants can bring the customer the items they want, within 90 mins of placing the order. When at the customer’s home, our assistant can wait whilst the customer tries the items on, offer basic pinning and fitting services and return any items back to store that the customer might not want. No more lengthy returns procedures.
This is all enabled by our best-in-class technology that integrates with the brand systems and activates and schedules our network of assistant via an app. Think Deliveroo but for fashion.
TOSHI currently has offices in London and New York (two largest fashion markets in the world).
You will be TOSHI’s first Product Manager, reporting directly to Alex, our COO (ex Bain & Co). We’re a small team (15 and growing), so you’ll be working with pretty much everyone, but expect you to work closest with James, our Head of Engineering and his team.
You will be joining the company at a critical time as the company scales to meet increasing demand as brands accelerate their home delivery offering as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Collaborate closely across the company to identify and prioritize needs effectively
- Researching the market and doing in-depth data analysis to understand the needs and bottlenecks throughout the user journey for both brand and end customer
- Translate business requirements into detailed requirements / product design
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Manage the product backlog, develop user stories and define acceptance criteria, set sprint goals and plan releases (working closely with the Engineering team)
- Be the internal champion for Agile management methodology, refine how methodology is used based on results and team feedback
The type of person we are looking for
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Product Management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven track record in managing product roadmap and using agile management methodologies
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills
- Highly collaborative cross-functionally and comfortable operating and communicating in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in on-demand logistics, payments and SaaS would be a big bonus
- Interest in luxury retail, e-commerce and omni-channel a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills, eligibility to work in the UK
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays, totalling 33 days per annum
- A fast paced and fun work environment
- An informal, startup culture
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Centrally located office in one of the best parts of London – Fitzrovia (although the whole team is currently working remotely)
Return to work and our ‘new normal’
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our office will be well planned and considered. Key factors will be ensuring social distancing and suitable protection measures are in place and the COVID-19 situation settles in the rest of the EU.
What our recruitment process looks like
The interview process consists of an initial screening call with a member of our team. Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19, this will then be followed by a series of remote interviews with Alex, our COO and James, our Head of Engineering. If successful after this stage, we will ask you to take part in a remote mock planning session with both James and Alex. Following this stage, successful candidates will be invited to meet Alex and James in person, along with Sojin, our CEO. For this meeting, we will ensure all necessary social distancing measures are followed, if you have any concerns or special requests please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Diversity & Inclusion
TOSHI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.