We have a specific requirement for a Technical Content Manager to join us in supporting a well-known client marketing team
About the role
Your main focus will be maintaining a backlog of tasks, engaging with client and Potato teams and maintenance of the content, styles and layouts across multiple pages of our client’s site. You will be assigned a representative from the Project team (usually a Team Engineer or Delivery Lead) to aid your progression and help you move forward with your career at Potato.
You will join one of our friendly, supportive, proactive Agile product teams. Although your role will be working more closely with the end client.
This role is expected to cover slightly different hours. Working from 11am – 8pm. We’d also like to hear from remote workers who are able to work with at least 4 hours of overlap with US pacific coast time (working until 8pm GMT) although flexible start time means your working day will remain at 8hrs).
We’re looking for an ex-engineer or existing engineer with great client facing experience who is organised, comfortable working directly with clients and managing expectations with the ability to self motivate and work with a wider team. The ideal candidate would already be a capable FE engineer, previous experience as a content manager may be relevant.
You will be accountable for
- Write clean, easy to read, and maintainable code
- Client engagement and support
- Familiar with front-end web frameworks
- Work with the client to provide design guidance when a designer isn’t available
- Building to WCAG AA accessibility standards
- Backlog management and prioritisation
- Maintain and update a backlog of tasks from stakeholders across a wide range of locales
- Update content, styles and layouts across a limited set of pages
- Collaborate with client Developer Relations and Potato teams to ensure adherence to doc and page style guidelines
- Prototype and update templated components and content
- Collaborate with stakeholders to brainstorm solutions to their needs
You must have
- Comfortable working with latest web standards, HTML5, CSS3
- Comfortable working with Markdown
- Experience working directly with clients and prioritising
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (eg. Sass/LESS)
- Workflow / task tracker management experience (Trello / JIRA / Similar)
- Working in Agile Kanban
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the best engineers, designers and product leads in town, we’ll give you the freedom to manage your own work and trust you to get things done. Want to work from home occasionally? Go for it. Need to unwind with a game of pool or some studio dog cuddles? All good. Ultimately, we just want to make sure that you have everything you need to help us build the best products possible.
You’ll have many opportunities for growth and learning: collaboration within teams, rotation to different products, experimentation on internal tools, involvement in new business and pitching, our Potato Talks events, mentorship, training courses, and conferences.
We want to make our hiring as inclusive as possible, this job description has been reviewed by a range of employees and has passed a neutral language check. We have also reviewed our hiring process to make sure it offers flexibility to candidates that need it.
We’re trying to do better and would love your feedback. If you think there’s anything we could improve, or places you think we should advertise, then please let us know.