Omio is pursuing a vision of bringing global transport into a single distribution system and creating end to end magical consumer journeys. While the whole world of air, hotels or car rental is normalized, rail, bus, ferries, airport transfer, all forms of ground transport are fragmented on a local level.
Omio is the largest source of inventory with 1000+ suppliers operating in 35 countries in Europe and North America. Along with their two brands, Rome2Rio used for global discovery, and Omio used for ticketing and journeys, they attract 600m+ users on a yearly basis while continuing to launch new geographies, new verticals and new products as they scale. It’s a team based in Berlin, with offices in Prague, Beijing, Melbourne and NY.
They are a team of more than 350 passionate employees from more than 45 countries who share the same vision: to create a single tool to help send travellers almost anywhere in Europe, the U.S. and Canada.
The role & what you bring to the table
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join our awesome Berlin team and play a key role in driving the product roadmap and continuous improvement of user acquisition and activation through our paid marketing channels. This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions and work at the intersection of marketing, technology and customer experiences.
At Omio, we share a common goal of “making travel easy.” We believe we’re helping scope the future of travel and want you to help us on our journey!
Up to the challenge? Read more below.
We are now looking to hire a Senior Product Managers / Product Superstars! To support and work alongside Product Directors in one of our Tribes as we look to globalise and expand on all fronts. At our core we’re looking for a vibrant team member, with a customer-centric mindset and grit to drive towards exciting features to guide our business forward we want you focused on building the vision and key priorities for one of our products and to use your intuition and smart comprehension of data to make product impact.
What are the specific tasks for this role
- Define the vision, strategy, and a detailed roadmap for our digital products in the Customer Acquisition area, maximizing monetisation, through paid marketing channels like SEM, Display Advertising and Affiliates.
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive product delivery aligned with traffic and Customer Acquisition Cost targets.
- Collaborate with other scrum teams in the Marketing Growth Tribe (Organic Acquisition, Product Activation) to drive common topics, like landing page design and performance, user activation, etc.
What do SPM’s do at Omio functional
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building a consensus on product execution with a deep understanding of Omio’s USP
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Support our company goals by building products and experiences that customers love to use and share
Perform as the Product Owner & manage the product backlog for a group of highly skilled developers
What skills and expectations do we have of SPMs at Omio in General
- A good understanding and background of the online marketing and/or ad tech landscape – channels, targeting, consumer acquisition cost and revenue optimisation
- You’ve shipped complex products in a fast-growing company before while working with non-tech stakeholders
- 8+ years’ work experience performing relevant product management job functions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and set metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and further improve performance
- Proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, sales, design, and data analytics to ideate, develop, and launch innovative user-facing features and internal tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing decision making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- A degree in Engineering and/or Business considered a plus
What’s in it for you? #LifeatOmio
- An attractive salary, benefits and healthcare package, plus a pension scheme
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
We encourage you to apply even if you’re still developing some of these skills! We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.