Cambridge Intelligence is an award winning software start-up based in Cambridge (UK). We make innovative browser-based data visualization & analysis software, which lets organizations see and explore networks in their data.
Continued commercial success means we need an experienced Product Manager to join our team. We’re looking for someone who has a strong software product background and a proven track record of working within an effective agile product engineering team.
You will work with our product strategy group to shape our product roadmap and help communicate / drive product releases through engineering. In order to do this, we expect you to work very closely with customers and prospects, as well as our product, engineering, marketing and sales teams.
- Work with our product strategy group to help translate our product vision and roadmap into key product engineering targets
- Collate and record new requirements for assessment and inclusion in the product backlog review process
- Work closely with our development manager in our agile engineering team to:
- communicate the product release goals and clarify requirements
- document story details based on the release goals
- help facilitate sprint planning and story estimation processes
- attend all appropriate development meetings, including: standups, retrospectives, bug reviews and showcases
- ensure that completed features meet with requirements and acceptance criteria
- document new features for release notes and internal communication.
- Work with our marketing team to help define value propositions, product descriptions, benefits, customer personas and assist with product marketing approach
- Work with our commercial teams to communicate product roadmap, release plans and product positioning
- Communicate new release plans and features with customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers to understand key product use cases and market priorities
- Analyze the competitive landscape, benchmark and assess competitors and new entrants, ensure product positioning mitigates potential threats
- Plan and run strategic customer advisory groups
- Minimum 3 years working as a product manager (or product owner) on a technical software product
- Passion to drive product roadmap / releases that align with the overall product strategy
- Proven track record of working closely with agile software development teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, experience of working closely with customers
- A positive and pragmatic attitude
- A consensus based approach
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- A willingness to travel to customer sites & trade shows on an occasional basis.
Candidates who can demonstrate some the following will move to the front of the queue:
- A genuine interest or background in data visualization
- Software development experience
- Start-up experience
- Experience of anti-fraud, cyber-security or intelligence products
Our remuneration packages are competitive and will depend on your experience and ability. All jobs are based in Cambridge, so you must be eligible to work in the UK.