Avetta connects the world’s leading organizations with qualified suppliers, contractors, and vendors. We bring unmatched visibility to your company through cloud-based technology and human insight. As a result, we foster sustainable growth for your business, as well as your supply chain. Our SaaS subscription software is used by 95k+ active customers in over 100 countries.
The UX Designer will be responsible for delivering thoughtful interaction designs for feature improvements and new products. You should have a solid understanding of visual design principles and be able to contribute to the company’s design system, Neptune. The UX Designer should be able to analyze user research test results and provide meaningful iterations to achieve maximum usability.
You will be involved in every step of the process for designing (Connect or Worker Management). From ideation and researching solutions, to prototyping and testing to designing the UI. You will work with our design, product and development teams to come up with simple and effective design solutions.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience as a professional user experience designer working on web or mobile products or services. We love recent grads and people looking to change careers; however, this role requires experience.
- A portfolio that showcases your UX chops and product design skills. We’re looking for product design work, not websites or marketing collateral.
- Ability to think high–level about product strategy and vision and translate those into design solutions.
- You are self–motivated and able to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills and able to defend the design decisions you make. You’re able to take people along on the journey with you and explain how what you’ve designed should be implemented, verbally and in specifications.
- Mastery of Sketch or similar design tools (we use Sketch) and experience with InVision or similar prototyping tools.
- You have opinions, ask smart questions and champion new ideas, but you leave your ego at the door. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- You’re curious. You continually iterate and improve your designs, skills, and processes, and you like to help the rest of your team level up.
- Experience with the agile / scrum way of working — including Design Sprints and epic/story writing
Rise toward the top of the list if you have some of these items:
- You have experience in planning, conducting, and reporting on various research methods such as usability tests, split tests, ethnographic interviews, and card sorting.
Key Results Areas
The most important tasks that we do each day to win:
- Usability Research and Testing: Work with Product, clients and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and validate your designs. Use whatever tools that are in your arsenal to understand user motivations, habits, and workflows.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions: Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for our product and interfaces. Work with developers to explain how the end result is supposed to work and control the quality of the implementation.
- Maintain Design System: You will be responsible for maintaining and contributing to the company design system — ensuring that look and feel across our products and deliverables are consistent and on-brand.
- Champion Design in our organization: Continue to promote the value of good design, advocate for design and user research best practice across the organization, and continue to build our design culture and systems.