Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 75 people from 28 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
- You will be at the very center in one of Contentful’s platform teams that empowers developers to create experiences on any device with the technology of their choice.
- As a Technical Product Owner, you control the backlog and make sure that engineering and design have a good understanding of the problems that we want to solve and how we know if we have succeeded.
- You understand not only our customers’ problems, but also our product at a deep level so that you can interface with a cross functional team and internal stakeholders.
- You can see the implications of certain decisions and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or even timelines.
- You also make sure that assumptions are validated often and that customer input is continuously fed back to the team to make sure we’re creating the right solution for our target personas.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a strong technical background from a previous development role. Either you have worked as a Technical Product Owner before, or you have a strong interest in doing so and possess the required soft skills.
- You have a deep technical background to understand technical challenges, earn the trust from the development team, and to make educated trade-offs in prioritizing features, new projects, bugs or catching up on “technical debt”.
- Strong understanding of Web technologies (HTML5, JS, APIs)
- Solid development experience in at least one programming language
- Plus point: you have worked and dealt with the problems of existing CMS (Wordpress, Drupal)
- You are a analytical problem solver, can direct a team and take ownership in your work
- You have excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding – you should enjoy responsibility.
- Join a modern SaaS company with an amazing horizontal product, and work with our exciting enterprise customer base from all around the world.
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions).
- We offer education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development.
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we’ve literally got your back.
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work.
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages.
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We also get your back in terms of settling down in a new city.