At Genomics England we’re using technology as an enabler to create better outcomes for our patients participants, researchers, communities. We’re agile, fast-moving, and innovative, and we’re evolving a team that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve. If you can bring us the inquisitive nature and excellent people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career with an organisation that’s merging science and digital to make a difference.
You’ll sit at the crossroads between science, technology and user experience. We’ll look to you to root out and clarify user needs with product managers, engineers, bioinformaticians, researchers and designers; talk with and listen to patients, participants, clinicians and researchers in the field, and become an expert in helping deploy genomic testing into the NHS and help our users process the results to make better healthcare decisions.
Your ultimate goal will be to prioritise effectively and remove blockers so your multidisciplinary team can discover and create products that are easy to use, feasible to build, and loved by our users. We have lots of ongoing projects currently at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live.
- Experienced in taking a product from discovery to running live
- Experienced at leading a multidisciplinary team, including ability to mentor, coach and create a collaborative environment
- Experienced in building and navigating complex, data heavy product suites
- Experienced in agile development and the delivery of digital services
- Successful at (and enjoy) collaborating with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Able to influence a range of stakeholders at a variety of seniorities but also willing to listen and take on board other opinions and ideas
- Highly proactive and a practical problem solver who likes to figure stuff out rather than explaining why it can’t be done.
- Incurably & insatiably curious. You probably know the difference between baking soda and baking powder (if you don’t now you want to go and find out don’t you?)
Please visit our careers page for an in-depth job description and further opportunities with us.