We like to play as a team, especially when things get tricky. This is why we’re not only holding on to the awesome people already onboard, but also continue to welcome and search for new team members. Just like all of our other activities, the job interviews, onboardings and bootcamps continue as planned, we’ve simply switched to 100% remote work and moved all our interactions online. What’s more, everyone who joins Spartez these days can work from home until the COVID-19 lockdown is over. Subsequently, all new team members from outside the Gdańsk metropolitan area can take up to two months to relocate. It’s business as usual at Spartez. Join us!
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and thrive on variety? If so, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a Design Manager in Gdansk to work across a number of Atlassian products focused on some of our largest enterprise customers.
In this role you will lead and manage a team of designers, helping them develop their craft in all areas such as UX design and design research. You will also work closely with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and guidance to your team in constructive ways that inspire, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction and grow design at Spartez in Gdansk, then this role could be for you.
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Work with an R&D leadership team to shape the ways that teams collaborate across projects
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership and support necessary to effectively envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team
To be successful in this role, we encourage you to:
- Bring previous experience of having managed a design team
- Show great facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like engineering and product
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer’s shoes
We’d love for you to:
- Have 10+ years design experience in related industry
- 3+ years experience leading designers across multiple product domains simultaneously
- Share a track record of planning and then driving product direction autonomously as a hands-on designer
- Be able to show an example of having lead a cross-craft project that delivered measurable improvement to users
More about the team:
First and foremost, Design Managers at Spartez are responsible for fostering and growing design talent. They’re in it for the people and for leading others to succeed. At Spartez, Design Managers are comfortable wearing many different hats – they’re a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with, as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy and are directly accountable for the user experience.
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world-renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re over 200 people, but our organizational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience, and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen, there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget – some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.