At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Since our inception we’ve been a company built on bold, new ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit. In an ever-changing financial landscape we’re transforming into a technology company that happens to offer credit.
Capital One has a clear vision to be a digital leader, enabling us to truly disrupt the Financial Services industry from within. We want to create an environment where the best talent can do their greatest work and create breakthrough products and experiences that people love.
As a Product Manager within our Mobile App Product Team, what will you do?
You will be passionate and driven to create the world’s best consumer credit experiences. You will:
- Own the goals, development and success of features that are delightful and vital to the lives of credit card consumers across all walks of life
- Maintain a rigorously human-centered approach to designing customer interactions, applying business constraints later.
- Participate in and help to build a world-class engineering practice, centered on autonomous, KPI-driven development teams
- Collaborate with leading minds in risk, regulation and legal to create products that are both highly innovative and ethically & legally solvent
- Learn about (or grow your knowledge on) how credit works so you can help us to disrupt it from the inside out
Here is what we would like you to bring to the table:
- Experience and proven success in translating business opportunties and human needs into successful consumer products
- Understanding of modern technology and its consumer applications: open source, APIs, micro-services, cloud, mobile and the Internet of Things
- A serious entrepreneurial mindset, ideally with experience in startups, corporate innovation groups or high-growth companies
- Willingness and excitement to get into the guts of a completely data-driven, highly regulated industry with a lot of existing complexity
- Brilliant teamwork skills and an unshakeable faith in the power of culture to drive results
And we’ll be really stoked if you:
- Have financial experience, ideally in technology or digital arenas
- Have a strong network and a history of building high-performance teams and driving cultural change
Bring us all this – and more besides – and we’ll make sure you’re handsomely rewarded. As well as a pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance, you can look forward to a host of useful benefits. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available for exceptional candidates.
For 3 years running we have taken 1st in Best Places to Work in the UK. Our Nottingham and London campuses are full of brilliant associates utterly committed to supporting each other and enabling our customers to succeed with credit.