About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is the Narrative Analytics™ and strategy company. Our A-list clients include Charles Schwab, HP, Pfizer, PG&E, Salesforce, VMWare, The White House, Harvard Business School, and the Gates Foundation. Monitor 360 is a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are building upon our success in providing strategic counsel to government agencies by growing our staff and bringing the Narrative Analytics approach to solving complex business problems to new markets. We are looking for high-energy collaborators who embody our values of drive, exploration, generosity, and joy.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Data Science/Natural Language Processing (NLP) Solutions Product Manager, is responsible for building Narrative Analytics™ tools, solutions, and capabilities that drive automation using machine learning, network science, and statistical techniques to achieve operational scale and develop new solutions. The Product Manager will provide specifications and work with data scientists and machine-learning (ML) experts in designing experiments, setting goals, and specifying ML model requirement, to drive automation of narrative analytics processes, create new metrics, and/or assist in development of new solutions using underlying narrative data.
The Product Manager in this role will work through quite a few unknowns and inadequate data points, which requires experience in working through problems and situations that are inherently fuzzy and amorphous, but still be able to make incremental decisions that will progress the development of new and innovative tools. Since the Product Manager will interact with data science, ML and text analytics experts, (s)he should be able to speak their language, understand/evaluate the toolkits (open source and other vendor tools), and understand/evaluate vendor offerings to assess alignment and fit for building in-house tools and solutions.
Since the path to developing these capabilities is unknown, the Product Manager will have to be innovative, tenacious, and solution-oriented, to drive positive outcomes, using underlying data and advice from data science/ML counterparts. This position is based in our San Francisco office.
- Drive specifications and solution definition research to aide the development of statistical, ML models, and network clustering algorithms to create narrative analytics tools with data science and/or NLP teams
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems and tasks into concrete business plans, that will expedite the development of tools
- Conduct deep analysis, and use business goals and objectives, to align the tool/model development efforts that will drive innovation
- Ensure that the data sets are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy for model development and optimization
- Own the roadmap and specification of analytics products, tools, and visualizations, to monitor the performance/validity of metrics
- Engage with the narrative technology platform team (product and technology) to drive the integration of tools, solutions, and/or predictive capabilities onto the narrative technology platform
- Lead the prioritization process across all business stakeholders, to develop the most impactful business priorities
- Regularly provide status updates, on the development of narrative analysis tools and predictive models, to senior management and other cross-functional teams
- Analytical mindset, to conduct analysis of social and traditional media data and establish relationships and patterns in that data and its associated metadata
- Working knowledge of various statistical analysis tools, such as R, Matlab, or SAS, and ML and classification algorithms
- Experience working in environments with large data sets and distributed computing tools, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, or other NoSQL experience, and data warehousing/business intelligence
- Experience working in environments where cloud services, such as AWS, Azure, etc., were used extensively
- 6+ years of product management experience, with 2+ years working closely with data scientists or ML team
- Able to explain complex data and ML problems and solutions to non-technical users
- Collaborative team player, with empathy for clients and colleagues
- Self-starter, who can proactively identify and solve problems
- MS or BS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Background in text analysis tools and techniques (sentiment, classification)
- Experience with reporting and visualization, using Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to all types of business partners
- Knowledge of open source tools for ML and data mining
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, with annual performance bonuses, employer-paid 401(k) contributions, and a generous paid time off policy.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No relocations, please. You must be eligible to work in the U.S., without employer sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity.