AMBOSS drives excellence in the evolution of medical practice by empowering doctors to identify and activate relevant knowledge. This is a unique opportunity to develop and execute product-led growth strategies to make a meaningful impact on our rapidly growing business and our ultimate goal – improving the lives of patients. A chance to build, nurture, and empower through experimental approaches to growth while collaborating closely with technologists, designers, marketers, and medical experts to build outstanding product experiences.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a suite of clinical decision making and medical reference resources empowering physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve taken the health tech industry by storm and revolutionized the way physicians acquire their know-how. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, we’ve created the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market!
We hit the ground running, transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market, and launched our international platform, all by 2017. Today, we’re continuously finding new ways to innovate, expanding our products and services globally and throughout the healthcare industry. With our exponential growth and track record for success, now is the perfect time for you to join us, develop your career, and make your mark on the future of medicine!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Define our Product-led growth objectives with an initial focus on driving top of funnel metrics (e.g. acquisition, activation, conversion, and referral/network effects. Quantify and understand progress against goals.
- Develop a framework for prioritizing growth-specific product improvements and organize the testing rhythm. Find balance between incremental experiments providing and potential 10x growth opportunities
- Direct the product strategy for a “group/tribe” of 2-4 product development teams that own the user experience from acquisition through activation. Directly manage and mentor a small team of Product Managers on dedicated, cross-functional teams as well as, initially, provide hands-on Product Management for the growth/experimentation team as you build the team you need to meet your vision and goals.
- Drive outcomes over outputs – Performance success in this role is directly correlated to impact on business outcomes (e.g. increase activation, increase CR). There is a need to build the foundations to enable this level of outcome driven decision making. Define new KPIs (when needed) and baseline outcomes for your product portfolio.
- Inspire and evangelize successes and failures — Effectively communicate and educate the org on what your teams do, why they do it, and how it adds value to the company. Generate buy-in on approach, ensure coordination across teams where needed, and most importantly foster a psychologically safe environment where teams’ are experimental, collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Facilitate insights and ideation – Develop a deep understanding of our markets and in collaboration with research, marketing and medical actively look for non-customer insights that may drive growth and user delight
- This role will report directly to our VP, Product and Design
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A scientific mindset – You have a tendency to be skeptical, curious, and analytical. You use data and experimentation to get to the truth.
- Proven track record of success through experimentation – forming hypotheses, running experiments, measuring outcomes – celebrating successes and failures. Likely led a team responsible for top of funnel metrics likely at a freemium/ trial based consumer business
- Bias to Action – You tend to crave results as quickly as possible. Generally, you prefer to improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets. This is not about building a 2-3 year roadmap.
- Adaptable and flexible – You are comfortable being thrown into largely ambiguous environments
- Proficiency in data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data. Blend data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through quant and qual insights
- Fluent with the spectrum of acquisition channels (owned, paid, earned), registration, activation and referral best practices
- Product management practice and best practices in an agile, cross-discipline environment. You’ve led a x-disciple product development team, delivering value to consumers (as PM, Analyst, or Marketer).
- A Diplomatic Style – You will regularly interact with a wide variety of personality types and biases. You will wrangle these opinions, reconcile them with data, and make sure people are rowing in the same direction.
- Experience at business or business unit with high growth YoY and real revenue targets
- Nice to have – Experience specifically with USA based market growth
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flex time and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita/Preschool is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita/Preschool spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application