Dear Potential BuildingLink-er, before you read any further, please know that we take a highly-personalized approach to our recruitment process. This is reflective of the investment we put into our people. It’s really important to us that you take the time to read the requirements for this role and follow our application process as noted below. We look forward to getting to know you!
BuildingLink simplifies and elevates modern working and living in residential communities with inspired solutions, pioneering technology, and dedicated service. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company, providing an incredibly robust, cross-platform suite of products, serving 5,000+ properties and a growing customer base of nearly two million residents across the globe. We pride ourselves on excellence, delivering meaningful products of the highest standards that translate to measurable success for the company.
We are looking for a proactive, self-starter to be our Senior Product Manager overseeing the BuildingLink suite of accounting tools for property management. The Senior PM will own the Ledger by BuildingLink platform and the various accounting, banking, clearing house and other financial integrations required to reduce accounting overhead for all BuildingLink customers. You will help position a brand new product and bring it to market, working closely with sales to set the target customer segment and iterate toward product market fit. This means we need someone not only adept at leading an agile squad to execute on development but also someone who is highly strategic about their approach to product strategy and go to market.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about collaborating with colleagues, partners, and customers to develop fully-integrated applications and innovative solutions. To that end, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to build innovative products with the newest technologies while operating in a fast-paced, Agile development environment.
Please note: In response to COVID-19, we’ve made the decision to work remotely until at least January 2021. (Don’t worry, we’re still maintaining our awesome, positive, and supportive culture while remote!) Towards the end of the year, we will reassess the return to the office, and hope to have the Senior Product Manager, Accounting Suite join us on-site when they feel comfortable doing so.
- Developing a holistic product vision and strategy for our accounting suite, from the near term to at least five years into the future.
- Communicating the product strategy effectively so that everyone in the company understands the direction, and why our investment in the suite is valuable to our customers and to our business.
- Taking a customer-first approach to creating the product roadmap as derived from the vision and strategy, including internal stakeholders in your process along the way.
- Bringing a research and data-driven approach to your product work, setting success metrics to further the business strategy and constantly experimenting, testing, and iterating.
- Achieving expert-level domain knowledge of all things related to property management accounting through continuous research and learning.
- Developing the ability to speak knowledgeably about the market and our business, how our products fit into the market, how we break down and prioritize buyer personas and customer segments, and how we achieve product market fit.
- Collaborating with Sales to execute go-to-market plans and deliver sales enablement materials, including strategies for pricing and packaging, and for cross-selling Ledger to existing BuildingLink customers.
- Creating financial models that take into account pricing, adoption, and revenue, to increase product success, customer outcomes and business goals.
- Collaborating with the Customer Support team to aid with customer onboarding and ongoing customer success, leveraging their relationships to drive the roadmap, manage customer expectations, grow adoption, and share knowledge internally.
- Overseeing an offshore development team to execute on work that is of the highest value to the business, avoiding scope creep and development for the sake of staying busy.
- Collaborating closely with design and engineering at every stage of the product development lifecycle, and being able to clearly convey functional business requirements to technical audiences.
- Partnering with potential customers to understand the challenges they are trying to solve and present how Ledger can solve these pain points to drive value for the business.
- Guiding designers to iterate through designs to reach goals, avoiding the trap of perfect as the enemy of good.
- Overseeing integrations with customers’ systems as needed.
- 5-10+ years preferred experience in a SaaS product management role including building a product and bringing it to market.
- Strong familiarity with accounting practices and financial compliance, and confidence in working with related tools, is a must.
- Work experience across AP, AR, GL, compliance, and financial reporting packages preferred.
- Adeptness at articulating problems, and pulling back why solving that problem is right for the business
- Ability to pull together a strong business case for a new product or feature using data, customer feedback, and business signals from sales and marketing.
- Understanding of the system around your products and the impacts and outcomes your work will have on the rest of the company, technology, and design.
- Fluency in writing user stories and acceptance criteria that are intuitive and easy to follow. Experience running agile squads is a must.
- Ability to explain complex business processes to a variety of audiences, from internal engineering to external customers, in addition to exemplary communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Possession of a natural propensity to guide and mentor others, ready to model product management skills and tactics for other PM’s on the team.
- Live near NYC, or willing to relocate preferred.
- Strong understanding of APIs, databases (SQL), data integrations, programming, web applications, and background sync processes. Hands-on experience with SQL is a major plus.
- Experience designing and implementing partner integrations.
- Prior experience in real estate technology and property management.
- Product marketing experience.
What BuildingLink Can Offer You
BuildingLink is a multi-generational, family-owned and operated company with the curiosity, energy, and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup! At BuildingLink, you’re more than just an employee, we literally adopt you and tell everyone you’re our really cool cousin. Just kidding… sort of, but here’s what we offer:
- Dough: Competitive Salary
- Life & Work Balance: Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave
- R&R: Flexible PTO, Birthday Holiday, Summer Fridays, Work Anniversary Travel Bonus
- Health is Wealth: Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits, Company sponsored HRA, Gym Reimbursement, Healthcare Concierge Service
- Planning for the Future: 401k with 4% matching
- An Awesome Culture: Team Outings & Company Events, Holiday Parties, Friendly Office Competitions, Weekly Lunch, Unlimited Snacks/Coffee
- Lifelong Learning: Professional Development Opportunities (like, limitless)
- Other Things: Commuter Benefits
BuildingLink is an industry leading property management technology used by over 5,000 high-rise residential communities globally. As an industry pioneer and leading innovator, our solutions, service, and people have made us one of the most recognized and respected technology providers among property managers and staff, condo/coop boards, and landlords. Our roadmap is packed with new and exciting initiatives to help buildings run even better. Resident lifestyle, voice assistant with our Amazon Alexa Skill; Ledger for simplified property management accounting, more platform integrations, and IoT sensor solutions to target and solve buildings’ operational headaches are just a few of the key initiatives we have in the pipeline. So, if you’re looking to work for a dynamic and successful company that cares deeply for both its customers and employees, please apply!
Check out our website to learn more! https://www.buildinglink.com
BuildingLink is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state or local law.