Insider Inc. is seeking a Product Manager to help the Markets Insider team deliver on its vision to be the best financial markets site for the digital generation. Markets Insider is a global, real-time financial news and data site under the Business Insider brand. In this role, you will use data, listen to users and stakeholders, and collaborate with engineering and design to improve user experience and maximize the value of the Markets Insider site.
What You’ll Do:
- Get to know Markets Insider readers through data and user feedback. Find out who they are, their wants and needs, issues they encounter, and how they behave on our site.
- Understand business needs and expectations. Learn about the industry and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define incremental goals and product strategy.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to brainstorm experiments and find potential solutions that may produce desired outcomes.
- Track and interpret data and user feedback to validate work.
Who You Are:
- You’re a great communicator who empathizes and can speak on behalf of the user, the business and the technology.
- 3+ years in a like or related role.
- Passion and knowledge base of finance, global stock markets, and data.
- You’re a big picture thinker who can dive into details.
- You are curious, observant, and drawn to asking people why they do the things they do.
- You are comfortable sifting through and analyzing data.
- You’re a proactive and positive thinker who takes initiative in solving problems.
- You’re organized, great at time management, and can juggle multiple priorities.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You advocate for innovation but also enforce brand and technical consistency, while always putting the users’ needs first.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work at the cutting edge of digital journalism and make a positive contribution to our diverse and passionate team. Because our Markets Insider team is growing so rapidly, there is a lot of room for professional development in this role. If you’re interested, please apply online and include a cover letter highlighting why you’d be a good fit for the role. We’d love to hear from you – even if you don’t meet 100% of our requirements.