Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 80 people from 28 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Contentful we want to create the best content management developer platform.
We believe that developers will be able to create amazing digital experiences with the right tools at their hands. However, to really change how content is managed, integrated and delivered for all new devices and channels, we need accurate insights into how our platform is being perceived and how we can make our customers successful.
That’s why we’re building a Product Success team, and we’re now looking for a Product Manager to join this team.
As a Product Manager for Product Success, you will help set and execute on Contentful’s strategy for growing our customer base and drive more subscriptions of our product.
- You will learn what our users need from our product by building analytic frameworks to address key strategic questions at Contentful.
- You get the chance to work with engineering, design and analysts to collect the necessary data and perform analysis, and collaborate with other product managers to interpret and present findings to the company and C-level executives. The team leverages data management and analytical tools, including Snowplow and Periscope, and also acts as a SWAT-team to improve the experience for our users, making sure they can become successful on the platform.
- Set direction for the the cross functional Product Success team, which focuses on revenue growth through product initiatives, such as improving user onboarding
- Own product success KPIs, including engagement and activation rates, and help improve the product where needed, either directly or by collaborating with other product teams
- Develop analytical frameworks for executive and product decision-making, including customer segmentation, adoption, and models for key metrics tracking
- Constantly work to learn more about our users and grow subscriptions using product data and user research
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success and Marketing functions to ensure that our customers become successful
- Take full ownership and accountability over projects and outcomes
- You have 4+ years of work experience as a Product Manager
- You have strong subject matter experience in regards to growing and/or monetizing digital products at scale
- You have demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects through launch while handling a high number of moving pieces
- You have knowledge of analytics frameworks and quantitative methods
- You have the urge to improve how things work, and are not afraid of tweaking things 20 times using A/B testing compared to create completely new things
- You have excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding – you should enjoy responsibility
- Experience in shipping products to grow subscriptions in a freemium business model is a plus
- Experience working closely with customer success and/or marketing is a plus
- Help set and execute on the strategy for growing the customer base for one of the fastest growing SaaS companies
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- We offer education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we’ve literally got your back.
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work.
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We also get your back in terms of settling down in a new city