At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE and BT.
We also love data; with every interaction, we learn more about our customers – gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven and ambitious people, and we’re looking for someone to become part of our success story.
About the role
The Product Owner is a key role at 15gifts. They’re responsible for implementing our product to best meet our partners’ wider business requirements and the end user needs. They’ll work in close collaboration with the Data, UXD, Customer Success, Development and Operations teams, utilising all the skills at their disposal to create great online experiences. The Product Owner is the partner champion; they’ll hold our partners’ vision, while ensuring implementations remain in line with the wider product strategy. They’re a key contributor to that wider product strategy and the individual specialism roadmaps, helping 15gifts to remain world-leading.
You’ll be responsible for
- Being the go-to expert for the product, inside 15gifts and out
- Working with Customer Success and our partners to identify and agree the opportunities most likely to drive value
- Understanding the products our partners sell, identifying the key differentiators that resonate with their customers
- Working with Data, Design, and UX teams to improve our existing products and define new products and features
- Creating and prioritising good quality tickets in the Dev team’s product backlog
- Working closely with Scrum Masters and Developers to ensure client implementations are built to requirement and new features are built to best suit the product vision
- Performing market and competitor analysis to keep ahead of the curve
- Understanding how to read, predict and influence customer behaviour by keeping up to date with consumer psychology
- Contributing to our product strategy and roadmaps, including communicating performance, client feedback and requirements to the Product Managers
Skills and experience
- Owning complex and technical products
- Working with stakeholders to identify the opportunities most likely to drive value, and scoping features that enhance the product for everyone
- Working autonomously through your agile product backlog to ensure your Dev team deliver features quickly and efficiently
- Working closely with UX, development and data science teams to solve complex challenges
- Monitoring product performance after launch and driving data-led improvements through iteration
The person we’re looking for
- Is passionate about product ownership and constantly strives to improve
- Thrives from working in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts
- Has a keen interest in the latest technologies, particularly AI
- Always looks to stand up and take ownership
- Is obsessed with building amazing customer journeys
- Wants to work with a group of people who celebrate our heroes, share our insights freely, are constantly looking for better ways to do things, and above all support each other
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. However, we’re currently all working from home and we’ll be taking a cautious approach to returning to our much loved office.
We’re used to having flexible workspaces, which mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings. However, we will of course be following strict social distancing and health & safety guidelines for as long as is advised.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: lunch and talks every Friday
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it’s like to work at 15gifts, check out our recent Talent Talk with Wired Sussex