Quick Release is the leader in automotive Product Data Management (PDM), working with many of the biggest global brands, F1 teams and exciting start-ups to improve their efficiency and outcomes, releasing engineers from the burden of complex product data management. In 2020 Quick Release was recognised by the Financial Times as one of the UK’s leading management consultants and we are proud to have played a pivotal role in the success of the UK Ventilator Challenge, in response to Covid-19.
As part of the Quick Release reboot strategy we are looking to strengthen our marketing and business development functions through the introduction of a Productisation Director, and we are now accepting applications for this exciting and transformative role.
As a service supplier to the automotive industry focussed on Product Data Management (PDM), Quick Release has 3 “main-use” cases for our offering:
• Improving Engineering output;
• Accelerating or de-risking programmes and builds;
• Making digital work, now.
To drive increased demand for our services, we believe these services need to be packaged as configurable products and delivered to market with a new coordinated marketing strategy.
The Productisation Director will be accountable for developing and delivering this strategy, supported by a team of 3 product leaders and the marketing manager. The successful candidate will need to develop a deep understanding of the complex systems, tools and processes that contribute to our services in a short space of time. They will need to embrace the challenge of transforming the intangible into something that is not only tangible, but understandable, attractive and justifiable to our clients. They will then oversee the implementation of this strategy, monitoring performance and outcomes, directing product and project teams, adapting and improving the plan, its execution and reporting into the board.
In short, the Productisation Director will create and oversee the roadmap for “productizing” Quick Release services. The ultimate goal is to drive increased demand for our services, and we remain open to hearing any alternative, creative and transformative ideas that can achieve this.
The ideal candidate will have been on a similar journey before (management/data consultancy), preferably with experience of operating at C-Suite with a company that has successfully smashed through a 150-person growth plateau. As a leadership position, they will need to be comfortable with the responsibility and accountability associated with leadership, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire others to action.
– B2B Strategic Marketing – Guru level
– Strong working knowledge of Project Management or Management Consultancy services.
– Automotive/aerospace/rail/complex build PLM would be an advantage.
– Previous experience of productizing complex services would be a big advantage.
– PM methodology
The selection process for this role will focus more upon a track record of success and knowledge gained through experience, and we offer the following minimum requirements as a guide:
· 5+ years experience in c-suite level product/service marketing role
· 3+ years in a project management/management consultancy role
· A bachelors degree or higher level accreditation in a related subject area would be an advantage
For clarity, we are not looking for the following (sorry!):
· Experienced software/digital product marketers
· Experienced B2C/retail marketers or (non-service) sales account managers
Apart from having a pivotal role on the leadership team of an amazing, forward thinking international company, this job also comes with…
· Excellent salary and benefits
· Flexible working arrangements (including WFH and some travel)
· Company car scheme
· Opportunities for other board-level responsibilities
QR_ Values Diversity
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation, so we’re building a culture where difference is valued and encouraged.
As an equal opportunities employer, Quick Release never discriminates on the basis of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic background, marital status, or disability status.
For more information on QR_Careers Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, contact email@example.com