At MarketFinance we believe that finance has moved on with technology – and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketFinance.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly – but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
As VP, Product, you’ll drive our product vision and strategy. You’ll be responsible for the overall success of our product portfolio, working through your team of PMs – who act as business unit leads – to ensure delivery against product-specific strategies and goals. You’ll also own our product development lifecycle, putting in place key product processes to create a culture of high-performance.
As our VP, Product, you’ll:
- Own our product strategy, identifying the target market, customer segments and unique selling points that our product suite needs to deliver in order to succeed.
- Lead and coach a high-performing team of Product Managers and Designers to run effective products that deliver customer and business value.
- Own the product and customer development process for the company as a whole, helping your teams to test hypotheses, break down complex problems and ensure good feedback loops are in place.
- Help set up our business units for success, making sure we define goals to be achieved, build a team of internal and external hires, assign responsibility and deliver on commitments.
- You’ve led successful software products (preferably in the B2B / finance area) across all stages of the product life cycle, and have ideally worked in a fast paced, high-growth environment.
Your strengths could include your ability to:
- Work through others and maximise the talent in your team.
- Get up to speed quickly on new subject matters, asking questions to build knowledge and being open to and encouraging constructive criticism.
- Understand how product changes impact business outcomes and KPIs.
- Know when to employ different product management styles (e.g. MVP, optimisation).
- Develop and support other PMs and Designers.
- Speak to the technical teams about the software and, at the same time, communicate complex product problems to commercial stakeholders.
- Identify market opportunities by leveraging your knowledge of financial products, particularly in the SME space.
- Set up and manage teams, knowing when to hire and bring in new skills to the team (e.g. Product Marketing).
- See value in design and creating experiences that delight customers.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK’s leading Fintechs, you’ll also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme
- Best in class private health coverage, including many benefits such as half price Virgin Active gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited book allowance
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your birthday off
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a community feel) in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch