The Terminus platform page says it best: “The Terminus Engagement Hub gives marketing and sales teams the data they need to understand who their next best customers are, all the engagement channels they need to get in front of them, and customizable reporting and attribution to prove their impact.”
Delivering on that promise to our customers requires a lot of well-organized, actionable data that is flowing into, out-of and around our platform. As the Senior Product Manager for the API and Data Platform, you will be leading the effort to ensure that Terminus has the right Data Platform to organize 1st and 3rd party data with the goal of making the data actionable across a variety of engagement channels. You will also ensure that we have a developer-centric API that facilitates easy transfer of data into and out of the Terminus Data Platform.
- Ensure a high quality and consistent API developer experience
- Manage the API roadmap, business priorities and trade-offs
- Understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Build rapport with API users, Terminus Professional Services/Support/Solutions Consultants and Terminus department leaders and executives.
- Understand how our API compares to our competitors and stay abreast of API best practices from across the SaaS industry.
- Prepare the API for monetization
- Explain the Business Benefits of the API to developers, client-facing teams and the broader Terminus team through articles and presentations. Work with Product Marketing to ensure that our API is understood by the market.
- Establish, Maintain and Evangelize both Business & Performance-oriented Metrics to Communicate API Benefits
- Ensure our Data Platform organizes and operationalizes both 1st party and 3rd party data.
- Be the voice of the customer for our Data Platform team. Be able to translate customer requests into requirements that influence the design and architecture of the data model.
- Be a key interface between the Data Platform team and the other Product Teams. Ensure that all products within the Terminus platform are appropriately leveraging and contributing to the Data Platform.
- Education: BA/BS/MS
- You have written requirements for an API “from the ground up” or managed an API with more than 20 endpoints. You’re comfortable with API development terminology (e.g. SOAP, RESTful, HATEOAS) and are fluent with API development tools (e.g. Postman, Swagger, Stoplight.io).
- You’re comfortable working with large data sets and have experience helping users make sense of complicated data in order to drive meaningful results. You are comfortable with database types and terminology (e.g. working knowledge of the pros/cons of various NoSQL databases) and are comfortable reading DB architecture diagrams.
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability defining and delivering products.
- Experience with marketing technology, marketing automation, advertising technology, and/or products that are built to work with a CRM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re able to quickly organize your thoughts and deliver the right message to a variety of audiences including engineers, marketers, customer success managers, customer support staff and sales. You’re also comfortable thinking on your feet and successfully navigating conversations with customers.
Incredible Benefits, Incredible Company!
- Working for a company and leadership team focused on providing a “Best Place to Work” environment
- 100% employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 100% employer paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Guaranteed Stock Options
- Paid Parental Leave after a year of service
- Unlimited vacation
- Summer and Fall Friday half-days
- 2 days off each year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Monthly Uber Eats gift card
- Gym membership or health and wellness reimbursement
- Parking & Transit assistance
- Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
- Beautiful, high energy offices in 3 tech hubs (Atlanta, San
- Francisco, and Indianapolis)
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- Named Best Workplace Winner 2017, 2018, and 2019 by Inc. Magazine, #61 on the Inc. 5000, and #21 on the Deloitte Fast 500
- Named G2 2020 Spring category leader for the 10th consecutive quarter