Ancera is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of microbial intelligence products for animal health, food safety, and increased productivity in the food supply chain. Ancera’s flagship PIPER platform is the fastest microbial quantification and characterization solution in the industry. Powered by patented MagDriveTM technology, PIPER generates pathogen and microbiome data in hours instead of weeks, and the PIPER analytics engine aggregates microbial data in an operational context. This enables actionable intelligence to improve decisions and productivity for our customers.
Our motto: Microbes as Metrics can improve productivity and safety in the ag/food supply chain.
Ancera is looking for a product manager experienced in commercializing data and SaaS products in industrial markets. The role will involve taking on leadership and management across the diagnostics and data products. As a team member in a matrix organization, the manager will be responsible for a range of tasks from creative ideation and market fit-analysis to successful implementation. The product manager will report to the VP of Systems Development.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Becoming an expert in all of Ancera’s diagnostics and data platforms.
- Working closely with different customer personas to map out detailed customer needs.
- Possessing knowledge of cutting edge digital tools relevant to Ancera and Ancera’s customers.
- Preparing market sizing, product-fit, and return-on-investment analyses.
- Detailed requirements gathering, product conceptualization, and execution coordination.
- Establishing time schedules with Engineering, R&D, and Operations functions.
- Extending and executing Ancera leadership’s strategy across all product areas.
- Determining customers’ needs through external data gathering and analysis, conference attendance, pre-demo requirements gathering, meetings with customers, and collaboration with the Sales, Application Science and Commercial Operations teams.
- Actively seeking out and engaging relevant external partners that can extend Ancera’s capabilities and accelerate the delivery of the portfolio roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in a natural science discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience developing product strategy and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully launching products with revenue impact.
- Strong expertise in data science and analytics product development.
- Experience in MVP and CIP launches.
- Experience in working with in-house as well as contractors.
- Experience in working with value discovery and pricing models.
- Early-stage and growth-stage startup experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in managing product development that has resulted in successful product commercialization and significant market adoption.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in working with data science projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and results that impact timelines, accuracy, and reliability of technical data to senior management.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software architecture and delivery models.
Experience working on global products that have regional considerations.
Experience developing products across desktop, mobile, and other devices.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and communicate with senior management.
- Progress before perfection – action-oriented, ownership-minded individual looking to build and improve a start-up product function step-by-step.
- Together, not alone – willing to work beyond traditional product management boundaries to do whatever it takes to support other team members and ensure company success. Rally behind and build up others in an environment with very intelligent, accomplished science and engineering professionals.
- Persist and adapt – expect and embrace change and challenges in a start-up environment.