Launched in 2015, Live Better With aims to make day-to-day life a little bit better for the 300m+ people with long-term conditions around the world. The initial focus for Live Better With is cancer, and the mission is to provide cancer patients and their families with the products, services, content and community that can help address the side effects and symptoms that reduce the quality of their daily lives.
It’s an exciting time to join us! We just closed a $2m VC and angel funding round (August 2016). We were a Gold Winner at the MassChallenge 2015 Awards and are ranked in the 2016 UK Top 100 Startups. We are already scaling rapidly across the world with a single-minded focus on reaching as many as possible who could benefit from what we offer.
To find out more about the company and our mission, please see our website: https://livebetterwith.com/
Overview of role
You’ll be the founding member of the product team – and excited to have that level of ownership!
- As soon as you get started, you’ll work closely with the CEO to refine the forward product strategy and roadmap, formed around core company targets. Within this context you will gather needs and requirements from customers and key colleagues in tech, marketing and operations
- You’ll validate hypotheses through analysis and user testing, learning about our customers’ habits and drivers by drawing conclusions from the data gathered to-date and seeking new insights where necessary. You’ll get a firm handle on underlying problems and drivers, and what the very best solutions will be
- You’ll communicate your ideas effectively through wireframes, user stories and specs and work alongside our Lead Developer and his team to build, launch and iterate upon the product
- You’ll demonstrate results: you’ll define the priority KPIs, and constantly monitor performance to ensure we are continually making the experience better for our customers
- You’ll work with the Lead Developer to onboard and educate customers (both internal and external) around product changes and enhancements
The ideal profile…
You will embody Live Better With’s huge ambitions and will be excited about working in a high-growth environment, in a business looking to dominate its sector with a joint social and business mission. You will be an entrepreneurial and creative individual who genuinely wants to contribute, in a senior role, to building a great and sustainable business. You will have no tolerance for mediocrity and will have a strong desire to build a world-class product.
You will have a strong track record of working in product management and / or product development roles, in consumer-facing businesses (most likely eCommerce, or with a customer journey leading to a checkout). You can demonstrate evidence of building products that have delighted customers and increased the commercial performance of the business: you can take a business challenge and see how to translate it into a digital product solution.
- You’ll genuinely be excited about our dual social/business purpose and want to be a part of improving the day-to-day lives of millions of people all over the world
- You’ll have 3-4+ years’ experience working with a high-traffic, B2C-focused company (eCommerce or similar), with experience of conversion optimisation and tech-literacy. Bonus points for those who have come up through a technical route
- You’ll have experience with analysing and deriving insights from web analytics, using software such as Google Analytics. It will be natural to you to be metrics/KPI-drivien, and you’ll help embed our culture of data and fast, fact-based decision-making
- You’ll be familiar with A/B testing or other multivariate testing
- You’re a self-starter – you’re used to working in an independent, hands-on and pragmatic manner. You will get on with ‘doing’ and pull in whoever is needed to make decisions so nothing slows you down
- You will possess excellent team skills and will be extremely comfortable, confident and bold in dealing with senior colleagues across the company – and particularly in managing trade-offs and prioritising requirements coming from all sides of the business. You will have experience making tough, and at times unpopular, decisions
- You’re used to working in a fast-paced and ambitious environment, and you’re ready to share our passion and drive – you’ll have worked in a high-growth company and you’ll be used to operating at pace, driven by wanting to achieve more than anyone ever thought possible: one of our core values is to “move fast and make leaps”. You’ll be fine with ambiguity and changing situations. Ultimately, you recognise that a growth start-up means this isn’t a regular 9-to-5 job, and you’re willing to go “all in” and really feel ownership for what you’re doing – i.e., you won’t sleep well at night unless you know the product is running to the very best it can be!
Compensation: up to £55k, plus options
P.S. You need to be able to legally work in the UK without restriction, and be living in London or within commutable distance of our offices in Kings Cross.