Badoo is the largest Social Network for Meeting New People locally in the world. There are 180 million members already connected and more than 100,000 new members join every day. Badoo is not only the largest, but also the fastest growing Social Network for Meeting New People Globally.
Mobile Product Manager
We’re looking for a mobile consumer addict to help drive the mobile product strategy for Badoo. We believe mobile is the future of Badoo and the social discovery space, and the defining app/experience has yet to be created. Our product will be at the center of this transformation, and we need someone to lead the charge.
This will be a startup experience: despite our size, we are singularly focused on data-driven decisions and quick iteration. You will join a small, tight-knit group with the goals and impact of a large team.
Responsibilities/ Job Role:
You will be responsible for thinking through broad product strategy, managing the roadmap, and driving execution:
- Report directly to the CPO and help define Badoo’s mobile strategy, managing platform and Operating System priorities across phone and tablet
- Define and execute an operational strategy that simultaneously allows for improvement in existing products as well as driving external innovation with new ideas
- Think mobile native: define the best product specifically for the mobile platform. Not just mobile first: mobile native are experiences that might not be able to exist on the web
- Understand our users: their problems, their needs, their questions
- Detail oriented: the little things are what make products amazing and you should always be thinking about them
- Global product management: prioritization and execution across markets, languages, and currencies
- Technical skills: able to speak to engineers about technical approach, architect decisions, and high level technical strategy
- Mobile product vision: you understand mobile consumer product in your core and you are capable of creating transformative product features
- Design sense: you should feel comfortable giving visual input and enjoy the creative aspects of ideation
- Ability to communicate across diverse cultures, languages, work styles, and personalities
- Love of product management; the strategy, the operations, and everything in-between; work isn’t a means toward an end, but something you enjoy
- Entrepreneurial through experience or mind-set
- Focus on outcomes with proven experience making product teams successful
- Excitement, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work outside your comfort zone
Education / Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in a Technical or Analytical field
- 3 years mobile consumer product management experience
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho.
As well as enjoying competitive salaries, Badooers have the added benefit of private healthcare, generous holidays, company pension, gym subsidy and an extra chocolaty cake on your birthday. You’re also safe in the knowledge that you’re working at one of the world’s most exciting tech start-ups.