We develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally. We’ve invested a lot building out our Product team over the past 18 months and now that’s established we need a commercially minded Product Owner to join the growing team.
So what are we looking for?
- Proven hands-on experience leading scrum teams in the delivery of product that customers love whilst delivering business outcomes.
- Ability to lead iterative process change and guide/coach other product stars in a fast paced agile environment.
- A data-driven, entrepreneur mindset able to take ownership and present product needs and opportunities backed by diverse data influenced rationale.
- A passionate operator at home setting large, measurable targets and inspiring others to join the journey and achieve big things.
- A storyteller, with experience communicating concepts, ideas and value to all levels of stakeholders and customers.
The big challenge will be getting up to speed with our product and the customers we serve. The platform is VERY comprehensive so you’ll be a self-starter who can bring established ways of working to lead engineering teams and collaborate well with the other functions of the business to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. We got to this point being customer-centric and we are desperate to maintain that philosophy in order to keep scaling at pace.
Some of the major parts you own
- Market/user research
- Become the product expert and evangelist
- Business case owner
- A meticulously groomed backlog of well scoped user stories
- Drive sprint planning and sprint refining
- Ongoing engineering support and point of contact
- Proactive internal/external communication
- Measure and report on success
What you will bring
- Well organised and adaptable work ethic
- Proven ability to successfully manage the life cycle of evolving software solutions
- 5+ years experience managing multi-faceted projects and/or a product ownership role
- 3+ years experience working with an Agile development process
- Prior experience working in and configuring JIRA workflows
- Strong attention to detail with relentless follow up
Working closely with our engineering team, your mission is to help engineering and our product platform continuously improve, particularly optimising where we spend our time, so that we ship tip top quality product at high velocity.