Hi, we’re Nuts.com!
We’re changing the landscape of snacking on nuts, dried fruit, chocolate and more! We planted our roots in Newark, New Jersey during the Great Depression, selling premium nuts on Mulberry Street’s open-air market. We’ve come quite a long way since then, taking our multi-generational family business online in 1999. Even after 90 years, we continue to pride ourselves in expertly sourcing the highest quality foods and treating our customers like family.
What’s our team like? We’re driven, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. Energy and passion power our business and we look for candidates who share in that excitement to help us continue to build something special.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Nuts.com, you’ll be responsible for ideating, planning, proving and ultimately delivering the next set of innovations and iterations for our direct-to-consumer web app.
You’ll be an early member of the Product team and will lead our efforts in making it easier for our customers to discover our brand, shop our online store and leave so satisfied with their purchase that they’ll come back for another. There are virtually no limits on what you’ll work on; improving product discovery, building new subscription-based offerings, optimizing on-site search, developing gifting programs, launching modernized checkout experiences and building post-purchase retention tools ー the list is endless.
The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding customer needs and pain points, working with cross-functional partners to develop and ship elegant solutions that enhance the customer experience and improve the bottom line. This position will require strategic thinking and methodical execution, with an opportunity to drive significant impact in a highly visible role.
From day one, you’ll be a key player in helping us steer this ship as we grow the company at a time when the world increasingly turns to online grocery.
What you’ll do…
- Plan and manage Engineering sprints, ensuring our team spends their effort delivering more value to the customer and company
- Define scope for both features & initiatives, clearly articulating rationale behind decisions
- Deeply understand our customers’ needs and guide our talented engineering team in shipping delightful solutions
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Marketing, Design, Engineering, Data and Operations to lead and deliver on end-to-end initiatives, from ideation to launch
- Obsessively identify new growth opportunities via quantitative and qualitative research, size them for impact verse cost and prioritize them against all of your other great ideas
- Quantify your wins by managing experiments and A/B tests behind your projects, owning the results, learning quickly and pivoting or scaling them, as needed
- Influence key stakeholders at Nuts.com to align on objectives, priorities and resourcing
What you’ll need…
- At least 3 years of product management experience or highly relevant experience in other technical, growth-driven roles
- A consistent track record of building, shipping or managing consumer-facing digital products
- A deep understanding of the digital world, with a passion for delivering delightful experiences using a blend of good business judgment, innovative design and efficient technology
- The ability to quickly pivot from strategic planning to tactical thinking
- A desire to prove yourself analytically; if you can’t quantify it, it didn’t happen
- A strong customer empathy and a passion for delivering delightful experiences that meet customer needs while also helping improve the bottom line
- The ability to, with time, establish yourself as both an in-house digital subject matter expert and customer advocate
- An aptitude for collaboration, communication, relationship building and the ability to inspire others
- Experience with all the bells and whistles we use in the digital world; analytics utilities, project management tools, content & e-commerce management systems, etc.
What’d be nice to have, but not required…
- A strong technical background and experience coding
- A strong creative background and an ability to design
- A strong statistics background and ability to perform deep quantitative analysis
What we offer…
- A challenging role in a rapidly evolving business
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K Match
- Paid Maternity, Adoption and Paternity leave
- A casual work environment (jeans and sneakers are A-O-K!)
- A phenomenal 40% employee discount!
Nuts.com is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.