Mach49 is a Growth Incubator for global businesses. We partner with our clients to disrupt existing markets and create new ones through a strategic mix of incubations, corporate venturing and ecosystem creation.
We are now seeking a seasoned product executive to lead a new venture we are incubating with, a large global brand.
As a key member of the incubation team, the Product Leader is accountable for the vision, development, and planning of a solution strategy throughout the product life-cycle of the venture. They will leverage industry research, together with a deep understanding of customer pain obtained through end-user interviews, to shape, define, and evolve the Venture’s product roadmap.
As the product owner, they will define the minimum viable product (MVP), and marshal the resources needed to deliver the solution. The product leader will also drive the development timelines and deliverables, generate the necessary use case documents, and create the project plans and oversight processes needed to assure success.
They should demonstrate outstanding competencies in strategic thinking, product vision and product planning.
● Gather and prioritize product, service, and customer requirements, defining the solution vision based on interactions with customers and prospects, industry experts and opinion leaders, and internal sales leadership
● Generate criteria and structure for requirements prioritization, leading to development of a multi-year product roadmap that supports and drives achievement of the initiative’s goals
● Create product specifications and interactive mock-ups or prototypes required for demonstration and development of the solution
● Provide project planning, management, and oversight for all the team’s development activities during the incubation, including coordination of internal and external resources, schedules, and budgets
● Devise an infrastructure for product-line testing, maintenance, phased release, and customer support
● Develop pricing and packaging for the offering
● Collaborate with the venture team and pilot customers before new product launches, refining the value proposition, positioning, functionality, pricing, and sales support materials
● Develop annual budgets for the team’s product development efforts, including resource and capital expenditure requests
● Complete required administrative tasks, including project plans, customer requirements summaries, concept roadmaps, new product and service progress reports, and budget variance analysis
● 5+ years of experience in product management developing mockups, demonstrations, prototypes, requirements, and use cases
● 3+ years of experience in product-line development and solution deployment
● Experience building early stage products from concept through launch 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role such as sales, consulting, or sales engineering
● P&L management experience
● Ability to translate pain identified during customer interviews into product concepts and features
● Start-up company experience
● Excellent Presentation and communications skills
● Team collaborator at the same time Product and Vision Leader
Contract Type: 3-4 Month Contract with the potential to move to Full Time