We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our product team here at Sparkol, who can help shape and grow our products.
Experience working in a customer-facing product team is essential. You will be inspiring, passionate and dedicated to helping make our product team truly world-class.
We work in an agile environment, so you’ll have experience of this and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary product team, and with stakeholders across the business to create products iteratively. You will be supporting the team across our products to make sure we deliver the best solutions to our users
At Sparkol, we want anyone, anywhere to be able to bring stories to life in magical and meaningful ways. Put simply, our mission is to create simple software for people of any ability to make and share engaging content. Our main software, VideoScribe, is used in over 160 countries. It enables thousands of businesses, marketers, illustrators, trainers, bloggers, salespeople, video professionals and teachers to tell better stories with video and animation.
Our diverse and supportive culture means our team is curious, inventive and work to become a little better every single day. We pride ourselves on our 45% female, 55% male team makeup. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun and vibrant company in the heart of Bristol, UK, that while small has a global reach. Get in touch if this sounds like a good fit for you!
Experience and skills
- You have built and managed multiple customer-facing products in cross-functional product teams
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills – you can work autonomously
- You have great attention to detail, but can also think strategically
- You are able to design and run effective experiments and investigations
- You are curious about how things work and you’re keen to explore how they might be improved.
Knowledge and understanding
- You have an understanding of minimum viable products and continuous delivery
- You are analytical and great at finding and solving problems
- You have proven experience and understanding of Agile methodologies
- You have a passion for understanding user needs. You use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed, evidence-based decisions.
- You understand a broad range of product development approaches and you can tailor your approach appropriately to the context.
- You are adept at balancing the needs of the user and the business with technical feasibility
People and communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and developing relationships with teammembers and stakeholders is key to your approach
- You are an outstanding communicator and have great presentation skills.
- You have a strong sense of empathy, valuing individuals and interactions overprocesses and tools.
- You’re a good storyteller; you engage and inspire others by clearly articulatingand communicating your vision and approach.
- Work across all our products to support the team in reaching our objectives
- Work with the product team to build, manage and deliver our products
- Gain a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer journeys and the products as a whole
- Have a solid understanding of our users and use this to inform our product strategy
- Work with the Product Lead to translate product strategy into deliverable stories and epics
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure the product continually adds value to customers and the business
- Closely monitor product performance; use data (both qualitative and quantitative) to help guide the products’ development.
We believe in a work-life balance. We know broken boilers and sick families are all part of life which sometimes coincides with work. If you work hard when you’re here you get respect and flexibility in return. On top of that, we offer a lot more too…
- Private healthcare insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life cover – 2x salary
- Income protection – 50% salary
- Pension scheme
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free fruit
- Running club with pro-running coach
- Free yoga
- Learning & training support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
- Payroll charitable giving
- Charity/fundraising sponsorship
- Bottomless tea and coffee