At Bending Spoons, we’ve got our sights set on becoming one of the greatest companies in history. Our product line is rapidly expanding and radically increasing in quality as we pursue our mission. We’re looking for an imaginative, tenacious product marketer who lives and breathes growth strategy to bring our suite of mobile apps the attention they deserve.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, launching products) with the goal of helping our products grow.
- Monitor all marketing activities already underway (including performance marketing, contests, re-engagement, and more) to keep our campaigns resonant, successful, and capable of enhancing each product’s brand.
- Actively participate in product development, proposing ways to make each customer funnel flourish.
- Analyze the market and competition with laser focus.
What we offer
- Huge impact. You’ll run some of our product marketing strategies with full responsibility. Your work can seriously impact Bending Spoons, millions of users, and even the mobile app industry at large in the next few years.
- Autonomy. You’ll be responsible for the marketing strategy, and no one will micromanage you. Together with your team, you’ll be free to choose a direction, test, fail, and test the next idea.
- Top-notch team. You’ll be surrounded by experts, leaders, and innovators. Your team will be made up of the brightest and nicest folks you’ve ever worked with.
- International reach. Our language is English. We’re a global company, and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Unique career opportunity. By joining a fast-growing company that’s playing in the big leagues within the vast, booming mobile market, you get a special chance to turbocharge your learning and career.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces … the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan, the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
What we look for
- Drive and tenacity. You’re ambitious with your work, hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. You’re results-oriented and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Passion about growth. You’re obsessed with contributing to the growth of the products in your hands.
- Very good logical-analytical abilities. You’re a quick learner who can investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own. You can solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and can do so independently.
- At peace with uncertainty. Marketing and certainty never overlap, and ambiguous results are the norm. You’re comfortable having a close relationship with uncertainty.
- Common sense. Rather than being heavy on the academic and light on the pragmatic, your thinking is practical and rooted in reality.
- Communication. Your communication, both written and oral, is structured and crystal clear.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
Commitment & contract
Permanent or fixed-term, depending on seniority.
Corso Como 15, Milan, Italy. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
Compensation & benefits
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are on us when you work from the office.
- Health care coverage, free weekly yoga classes, and a welfare plan for your well-being.
- The latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-canceling headphones.
- Our total compensation is top of the market and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.
The recruiting process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests aimed at assessing how you think and solve possibly unfamiliar problems. These tests don’t require any prior knowledge, and they should take you a few hours to complete. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to some interviews—normally two or three—to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. There, we’ll ask you some behavioral and problem-solving questions. The interviews are held remotely. To limit arbitrariness and human bias, Bending Spoons’ hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.
The current situation hasn’t stopped our hiring and onboarding. Our vacancies are for in-house employment and we can’t wait to meet the new Spooners in person but, until the Coronavirus is over, we’ll rely on remote onboarding for all new roles. Similarly, all interviews and assessments will take place online.