K Health is on a mission to connect everyone to radically smart and affordable healthcare based on people like them. We are a venture-backed, exciting, fast-growing team on an inspiring mission, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
K is looking to add a creative and skilled UX & UI designer to our product team. The ideal candidate is unrelentingly curious, with an ability to transform data, requirements, and research into actionable flows and designs. K Health is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply!
What you will do:
- Work with the Product team to design new products and features and to improve existing ones
- Develop, communicate, and test your ideas using wireframes, flows, mock ups, and prototypes
- Work on designs on all levels, from broad concepts to pixel-perfect details
- Use your experience and intuition to elevate the user experience, improve conversion at every stage of the flow, and formalize our design system
What you should bring:
- At least 2 years of professional mobile/web app design experience.
- A portfolio that shows you have a good eye, flexible style, a systemic approach to design, and a deep understanding of user cognition and motivation. Please link to your portfolio(s) from the application summary
- A proactive approach to usability, accessibility, and efficiency on iOS, Android, and responsive Web
- An ability to deliver guesswork-free designs and specs to developers
- Comfort with fast-moving targets, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate with others, to communicate clearly and concisely, and to present and discuss design ideas effectively and efficiently
- Experience working with Figma components, libraries, auto-layouts, and functional prototypes
- Bonus points if you can create quality animations and icons
This full-time role offers competitive compensation including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, and other benefits. Our team has adapted to support fully remote work as long as COVID-19 requires it, and we also offer optional safe use of our spacious Midtown NYC office. Our biggest benefit, however, is working on a low-ego, high performing, values-driven team that’s revolutionizing healthcare on a global scale.