Are you the forward-thinking product owner that can help deliver new features to our riders?
As VanMoof grows into the future and beyond, we are looking for a Product Owner who can help the app team create new features and improve the overall user experience. We want to streamline our processes, while implementing new products and services to support our internal teams.
As App Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for improving the way riders interact with the VanMoof app across all experience flows. This will require equal parts thought leadership, collaboration, and relentless determination. In this role you’ll take high-level requirements and translate them into clear user stories. You’ll also prepare and refine the backlog with our development team, generating outputs and further growing this team.
Results-wise, you’ll need to exponentially grow our app capabilities and functionalities. To do this, you’ll need to ensure that every interaction with VanMoof is as effortlessly intuitive as our bikes. Beyond that, you should maintain connections with key people and teams from other VanMoof platforms, such as e-commerce, ERP, and even our store POS systems.
We are looking someone who will take responsibility of defining the roadmap, managing stakeholders, supporting our development team(s), and managing external development. You’ll be working with the engineering team on a daily basis, collaborating with other product owners to align your roadmaps. With the engineering team, you’ll come up with new features, specify stories, and make decisions on our priorities based on analytics and user feedback.
- Help our app development team achieve even greater results and improve the value of their work by delivering key features to our customers.
- Take the lead as key decision maker and priority-setter for the development team.
- Ensure fluid collaboration within the app and backend team, as well as external development and production partners.
- Actively inform all stakeholders on the status of projects and technical challenges.
- Take ownership of the app and related backend development, prioritising new features and enhancements.
- Drive our digital platform innovation, via in-depth product understanding, feature development, and experimentation.
- Build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success – as well as room for mistakes and rapid learning when things don’t go to plan.Function Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience in the worlds of (connected) app development and agile Product Owner experience with a connected product.
- International experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Oral and written English required. Oral and written Dutch (or German, Japanese…) is a bonus.
Do you think you can roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in the making, building, problem-solving, and growing we’ll be doing in 2020 and beyond? Make sure to apply via our jobs page. We’d like to see your work and your answers to our questions, don’t forget to upload your resume (in pdf format) and hopefully, we’ll chat soon!