As the Director of Product Management your overall responsibility should be at the intersection of business, technology, and the customer. You should be obsessed with optimizing our products, achieving business goals, and maximizing return on investment. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The role requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This role is the voice of the customer inside the business and must be passionate about the user experience. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must enjoy spending time “in the market” to understand customer/prospect challenges and opportunities, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must also be able to communicate with all functional areas within the company. You will work with engineering to define product release requirements. You will work to help define the go-to-market strategy, help understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer(s). You will also serve as the internal and external technical subject matter expert for our product offerings, partnering with sales to support key customers and prospects.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. This is a strategically important, yet hands-on customer-facing position, working with many different types of clients, levels in organizations, and varying roles and levels of technical expertise to successfully implement and grow usage of PureSpectrum.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going conversations with customers, non-customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Participate in development and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and help develop sales tools that support the selling process of the products. This will include but is not limited to managing customer trials.
- Technical Support – serve as technical product expert internally and externally providing support to customers to ensure optimal satisfaction.
- Product Launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in a product management role, preferable with Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) applications.
- Online market research industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Jira and Agile SCRUM development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with various departments, levels of management and levels of technical expertise.
- Able to interface with customers and prospective customers as a technical subject matter expert.
- Ability to break up larger projects into individual pieces, assess complexity of tech pieces, and distribute the work amongst team members.
- Project Management Skills with the ability to keep projects on track and/or communicate issues.
- Strong oral, written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
- A self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills and desire to continue to learn.
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Experience working in a startup environment with a demonstrated positive attitude and ability to work in a face-paced environment.