We’re Charlie, and we’re on a mission to equip thousands of fascinating small companies to deliberately craft their culture every day. We want our products to have all the warmth of a human, all the hard stuff made simple, and to leave nobody behind.
We believe in making work better – for ourselves and our customers; that means giving PMs a tremendous amount of autonomy and flexibility, continuously improving our practices, fostering an open feedback culture where we can learn and grow, and surrounding ourselves with brilliant people.
Come and help us on our journey to make work better!
What is a “Product Manager II”?
We have a career progression framework that includes Individual Contributor and People Manager tracks. IC1 would be a junior product manager, IC4 is a senior product manager, and IC levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area that is often only labelled “Product Manager” or “Product Owner”.
As an IC2 product manager leading a cross-functional team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping your team get the best out of their day: unblock them, check in with them daily, retrospect as a team, plan ahead and manage availability, and give regular feedback.
- Working closely with the 1–2 designers and 2–3 developers on your team on product discovery. This will include:
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveying of users understand their needs and requirements.
- Using data to inform and improve the team’s decision-making.
- Finding ways to test new ideas with users and beta testing new features before full release to all users, when appropriate.
- Working closely with the designers and developers on your team to appropriately plan out and break down each delivery, determining the right way to work together.
- Owning and developing the product planning process to meet the best needs of your team’s objective.
- Tracking current usage of the product and feeding that information into planning and delivery.
- Defining and monitoring success measures for all of your team’s released, user-facing work.
- Working with the Head of Product and other two product managers to contribute to the objective-planning process; define/refine an exciting strategy to achieve the product vision; and seek and evaluate opportunities to deliver the right outcomes for Charlie.
- Communicating and justifying your team’s work across the company (including via eg. setting weekly goals).
- Assisting the Head of Product in promoting and maintaining a strong, cross-functional product culture at Charlie.
- Learning from the Head of Product and more senior Product Managers on the team.
You must have:
- Previous experience operating as a product manager.
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help.
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Worked in a cross-functional product team before.
- Similar SaaS or B2B product experience.
- Tried product discovery techniques – eg. rapid experimentation – in a previous role.
- Familiarity with data science/writing data queries.
- Participated in a significant product pivot, or the creation of a new product category
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Salary from £36,000 to £41,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Spill, a message-based therapy service
- Social events (Team lunches, evenings out, and two yearly company retreats… when there isn’t a pandemic on!)
- Monthly “Exploration Days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme
This is a permanent full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in London.