At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We were delighted to be recognised in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2019’ including a placing within the Top 30 for London!
CFC Benefits include 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (plus dental and optical cashback benefit), life insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership, employee wellbeing programme (including on-site massages), 24/7 employee assistance programme and dress down Fridays. CFC social events include the summer party weekend, Halloween and Christmas parties.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London and backed by Lloyd’s, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
You will be part of the technology team, the engine room of the business, providing bespoke systems that give CFC its competitive advantage in this dynamic marketplace. You will be exposed to a range of different business projects and opportunities that will make a material impact on profitability and efficiency in the business. Your role will be to take a broader business view and define solutions to business problems in features and stories. The role also involves significant stakeholder management and the resolution of different viewpoints.
As one of our lead product owners, you’ll be responsible for helping to prioritise the product backlog and contributing towards the product vision and roadmap. You will gather information from the business and defining improvements to processes, ensuring that solutions are designed for optimal business performance whilst being developed efficiently but also maintaining technical quality.
You will help with the elaboration of initiatives and features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint. You will also break down features into testable stories; collaborating directly with the development/QA teams and will participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives.
You will work across a subset of CFC’s current platforms potentially including our bespoke back-office system, online insurance trading platform and our new CRM system – as well as driving innovation by working on our new projects.
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a dynamic company within insurance and now be looking to take the next step in their career in an exciting, fast growing business.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Own the coordination of stakeholder relationships/meetings to gather and agree to desired outcomes, while building healthy feedback loops between business stakeholders and your team
- Conduct research & analysis in order to elicit shared understanding between the business and your team on deadlines, requirements and outcomes
- Aid in cultivating user empathy and commercial thinking in the team so that they understand the “why” of each initiative and feature, focusing on solving our user’s problems while always seeing the bigger picture
- Be a true product owner, working with the team to develop, refine and prioritise features and user stories on your backlog with a clear focus on maximising business value.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and your team to balance the need for business change and technical improvement
- Own and maintain development team backlogs, and take part in daily stand ups, planning, retrospectives and demos
- Coordinate and take an active role in testing new and existing systems to ensure they deliver on agreed user value
- Work as part of the development team to successfully deliver initiatives and features based on agreed metrics and KPI’s
- Work closely with the software developers and testers throughout the entire development process to ensure they are staying on the right track and getting the support they need to deliver business priorities in the right order
- Mentor and support junior team members
Skills & Ability
- Experience in dealing up to c-suite
- Strong stakeholder management skills to ensure everyone is aware of issues, priorities the status
of progress and agrees to them
- Ability to grasp complex design concepts and business scenarios
- Business/systems analysis, translating business scenarios, requirements and use cases into outcome focused features and user stories.
- Agile analysis techniques including User story mapping and Impact mapping
- An excellent understanding of software development lifecycle – in particular Agile methodologies
- An excellent understanding of product thinking practices and user-centred design
- Strong visual/verbal/written storytelling skills with an ability to elicit and then break down complex information into digestible formats for various audiences
- Ability to multitask and prioritise when working on multiple projects
- A naturally curious team player with a strong focus on discovery and understanding the why
- Enjoys experimentation, figuring out what makes things tick, and digging into problems
- Consistent and reliable under pressure with good sense of humour and contribute to team morale!
Knowledge & Experience
- You are experienced product manager or product owner with demonstrable experience preferably within insurance (Experience specifically within an insurance brokerage is highly desirable) o similar sector
- You’re a Product and Agile enthusiast and understand the benefits of TDD and BDD but also think about a broader business problem and propose the right business solution which may or may not involve the development team
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, presentations and plans simply and with clarity at all levels across the organisation (e.g. from junior team members up to board level).
- You have ideally worked on significant insurance-focused projects and understand the processes of underwriting, claims and finance within insurance
- Experience fostering psychologically safe environments
Education & qualifications
- Recognised Business Analysis or Agile Product Management qualifications desirable.