WizeHive is seeking a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Director of Product Management. As a product leader, you will be responsible for the strategic roadmap of our product as well as planning and execution. You should be a leader that is passionate about developing great experiences that provide value to customers and be adept at knowing
how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally at a peer and
This role plays a critical part in fulfilling our purpose of using technology to better enable
mission-based programs for the foundations, universities, government agencies and
associations that comprise our customer base.
Excellent team building and leadership skills are required for this role.
– Understand our customers, products, markets, and competition in depth.
– Gather and share insights on customer needs, and competition to inform product and go-to-market strategies
– Identify, specify, and prioritize product initiatives through direct input with customers, win/loss analysis, internal teams, and knowledge of competitive positioning.
– Collaborate with the executive team to define the strategic direction of the solutions (products, services, partnerships) the company offers.
– Identify new business opportunities/segments/solutions WizeHive might consider pursuing and create business cases for new initiatives.
– Take on complexity, so our customers don’t have to.
Planning & Product Execution
– Launch products and platforms, measure performance and OKR’s, and iterate quickly.
– Partner with the product team (technical product manager, UX, developers) to plan and deliver on product requirements.
– Collaborate with engineering, design, sales and marketing (Defining release, epics, stories, Acceptance criteria) to grow the business
– Partner with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, client services, support, operations) to plan and deliver on internal initiatives.
– Represent WizeHive at conferences and with industry peers.
– Clearly communicate our strategy and releases to the team, company, clients, market and investors – you can clearly share ideas and can rally a team around a shared vision, but you are just as good at listening and taking feedback from others.
– Cultivate a high performing team of product managers and user experience professionals by hiring, managing, training, and coaching them.
– Establish ideal product management process and oversee quality and completeness of product requirements and documentation.
– Work closely with the development management team to ensure effective team collaboration between product management, UX, and engineering.
– Create a culture of learning and trust with the teams you work with.
– Build strong empathy for our customers and the teams you work with.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
– Strong (minimum 5-10 years) experience in product development / management role, especially for a SaaS product
– Record of proven experience with team building and leadership. – – Team player and experience working with a distributed team
– Analytical skills to define, collect, and measure product performance. Ability to marry quantitative analysis with qualitative research techniques
– Experience with user research and customer interviews
– Prior experience of nonprofits and/or mission based organizations would be a plus.
– An entrepreneurial and tenacious spirit – you “roll up your sleeves” and are always looking for new ways to achieve greater levels of success
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.