We’re looking for you – an aspiring or recently experienced product manager with a technical background, to help us meet the challenges of our time.
OSARO is an Industrial AI company that endows industrial robots with the level of autonomy needed to perform an extensive variety of useful tasks through a tightly integrated package. We do this to enable the world’s manufacturing and logistics systems to scale and meet the challenges of today and the future — from feeding the world during Covid-19 to improving production in regions with an aging workforce. The work we do is cutting-edge, while being both challenging and impactful.
Our ~50 person team has all the hallmarks of what success looks like on paper — 9 PhD’s, papers published, credentials from world’s best academic institutions, and specialists in all of our key areas of focus. We’ve also got what it takes to succeed in the real world — senior leadership who have been through the growth stages before, top tier investors, and a focus on solving real customer pain points to drive product value. And we’ve got the intangibles: diversity in thought, nationality, gender, and background, plus a willingness to debate the right course of action, and the cohesion to come together to focus when the target is in sight.
We’re looking for you.
Someone who brings not just a diversity of thought, but of experience, origin, nationality, and gender.
Someone who has a technical background or has been a part of high functioning software engineering teams in the past but who wants to continue their shift into Product roles. Someone who understands, has experience with, and can handle the complexities of an embedded software product, dependent on cutting edge A.I., as well as robot control.
You know how to jump into a discussion with technical peers to elicit the right tradeoffs. You can quickly grasp the intent and value of new features and maintain the customer’s perspective alongside an understanding of company and technical needs. You’re excited about growing into a role that spends more and more time on the front lines with customers, but is always anchored in the execution that drives meaningful releases.
Most of all, you know your skills could be put to better use than in building the next social app, influencer tool, or marketing automation platform. You want to help us unlock the next wave of automation and productivity in our global supply chain — to help with the pressures of today’s pandemic needs, but also to future-proof the world’s supply of critical goods against the next thing “we could never have seen coming.”
What you’ll be doing when you start:
– You will work with engineering, sales, product, and other peers to unpack customer needs, and provide clear feature specifications, designed to meet those needs.
– You will work closely with the product, engineering, and deployment teams to deliver high value features on predictable dates.
– You will help cross-functional engineering teams prioritize, make intelligent tradeoffs, and maintain focus on the right aspects of each feature being developed.
What we think a successful candidate looks like:
– 1-3 years experience in a technical role within a high functioning software development team.
– Experience formally or informally playing the product manager, product owner, or voice of the customer role within these teams.
– Ability to understand engineering challenges while staying firmly in the product role
– Experience breaking down big features into meaningful and useful chunks that can be shipped quickly, iteratively, and deliver value with each release.
Strong preference for applicants with:
– Experience with AI/ML products in general or computer vision in particular
– Robotics / IOT / Warehouse Automation experience
– Worked with robotic manipulation hardware: arms, 3D cameras, force sensors
– Experience in a startup environment
More About OSARO:
OSARO is a San Francisco-based startup company applying deep learning technology to next-generation robotics applications. Some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors, including Peter Thiel, Jerry Yang and Scott Banister have backed OSARO. Our vision is to build brains for robots on an industrial scale and we are excited and driven to see the results of our efforts operating in and interacting with the real world. We implement state-of-the-art techniques but constantly strive to build the simplest possible solution. OSARO is technique agnostic and always focused on the goal. We regularly review academic literature and techniques while steering clear of hype. We’re focused on delighting our customers with systems that work like magic.
We have a highly international team made up of expert machine learning practitioners and dedicated software and hardware engineers which matches well with the global nature of our business. We are naturally curious, love healthy debate, and respect varying points of view. At OSARO, we strive to be champions for equality. We believe we can serve as a model for diversity in the tech industry by emphasizing policies of nondiscrimination and inclusion at every step.
We are an equal opportunity employer who offers:
Health, dental, vision, and commuter benefits
Generous vacation time
Excellent paid parental leave policy with the option for additional reduced and unpaid leave
The above full-time position is available immediately. You should be willing to move to the SF Bay Area once COVID restrictions lighten up. We do not work with recruiters.