What We Do
Our mission is to empower businesses to make data-driven decisions faster and more effortlessly than ever before. Therefore, we are building an advanced analytics platform using machine learning to reason why key performance indicators change.
Join our venture as one of the first employees and impact how people and businesses work. Get the chance to shape a young technology startup from its earliest days on through your efforts, experience, and industry expertise.
Our company is built at Merantix, a Venture Studio focussing on artificial intelligence. This means that we are part of an ecosystem of top-tier engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs from leading universities who will help us along the way.
Joining as the Product Designer and lead the efforts to design and craft exceptional user experiences and interfaces within our young team from the ground up. Among others, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Create a simple, elegant and easy-to-use UX/UI for our analytics platform from the ground up;
- Develop the UI/UX vision of our venture, along with a plan for iterative updates, that establish the larger vision over time;
- Collaborate closely with our product team to define design requirements;
- Work together with frontend engineers to implement the design into the actual product;
- Conduct user research to deeply understand how our product is being used;
- Test and iterate your ideas using prototypes, wireframes, and visual designs;
- Establish our branding strategy together with our product and marketing team.
We define ourselves by a culture of collaboration and ownership. We’re looking for a driven, capable, and thoughtful person to add to our vision. The main qualifications we expect you to have are the following:
- Degree in a design-related field (e.g. interaction or graphic design) or equivalent practical experience;
- 2+ years of practical experience in product design, a focus and fable for great software, in particular for SaaS products or web applications, is a big plus;
- Ability to bridge interface and user experience design;
- Experience working with design patterns, systems, and component libraries;
- Proficiency in user research as well as design, wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC and InVision)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills as well as the competence to liaise effectively with both business and technical stakeholders;
- Pragmatic mindset with the ability to make quick decisions and clearly prioritize on what moves the needle;
- Love what you do (and own it).
If available, please add your portfolio showing your prior UI/UX projects to the application.
What We Offer
Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, you can expect the following:
- Flexible working hours as we believe in ownership and trust;
- Learning & Development Program for all our team members;
- Regular team events and intensive exchange with all Merantix companies;
- Free drinks, snacks, and breakfast.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.