We are looking for a Head of Product Management to join our team at SAGE Publishing. The Head of Product Management is responsible for the team of product managers working on SAGE’s online products for the library. In this strategic role, you’ll be working with key cross-functional stakeholders to shape the platform strategy for the products your team are responsible for. In addition to management experience, this role requires technical fluency, experience of user-centred design practice and the ability to prioritise and drive successful delivery of a roadmap through your team. For this role, you’ll need a pro-active problem-solving approach, sound commercial judgement based on considerable experience working in product management, and excellent analytical skills that inform your decision-making.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Delivery of a Learning Pillar roadmap that effectively demonstrates return on investment and hits annual KPIs
- Directs and manages a team of product managers with skills and experience to be a top class product management group, responsible for a lean working culture that encourages learning and innovation
- Strategic role, working with the strategic leadsand other key cross functional stakeholders to shape the strategy for the products in your area of the business
- Own the product development process, and are responsible for refining and driving efficiencies through our product development processes.
- Accountable for effective roadmap prioritisation to target needs and deliver upon a budget appropriate to your products and report on the teams impact and effectiveness against KPIs.
- Successfully collaborate with peers across departments to support product roadmap delivery and future planning for our products.
- Understands the dynamics of the academic library market through regular interaction, conference attendance and research studies. Responsible for a team who is steeped in market knowledge through research activities and can accurately represent the voice of our users and customers.
- Outward-looking at product development and technology partner opportunities and pilot opportunities to actively participate in SAGE’s work to explore new horizons
- Member of the Product Innovation Leadership team, collaborating with this group to manage a team responsible for a range of innovations across SAGE and actively contributes to SAGE’s business culture through participation on the SAGE International Department Managers Group.
Qualifications & Education
- Ability to develop and communicate a product vision and overarching strategy, connecting the strategy to a concrete course of action
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, working globally, building strong relationships and motivating and inspiring a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – influencing by persuasion and influence rather than authority
- Commercial business sense
- Accountability and integrity
- Pro-active problem solving through insight and judgement
- Ability to prioritise and focus to drive successful delivery
- Technical fluency and experience of user-centered design practice
- Experience of web analytics tools, wireframing software and usability testing
- Excellent Project management skills and the ability to efficiently excute tasks
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Significant years of product management experience
- Significant years experience working within an online development environment
- Significant years of people management experience
- Strong understanding of the library market