To lead the definition and delivery of enhancement projects, as assigned, for an individual product, or suite of products, working towards achieving the business goals and KPIs set out for the product(s), collaborating closely with stakeholders of all levels across the business. To be a product expert within the business, demonstrating a deep curiosity in all aspects of the product(s) and the market, building a strong knowledge of the key users and customers, acting as an advocate for their needs and views. To promote and execute product management best practices within the team and to continually strive to improve the way we are doing things and drive efficiencies. To contribute towards moving in the strategic direction of the product(s). May include management responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage the definition and delivery of assigned product enhancement projects, collaborating with relevant stakeholders, UX & design teams and the technology vendor for the product(s), along with carrying out user testing, so as to meet the business goals and KPIs set out for the product(s).
- Lead project teams and meetings, driving discussions and decision makings
- Recommend key roadmap (or section of roadmap) priorities, in consultation with manager and stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product(s), who are using them and how by analysing product usage data and conducting user research. Set, monitor and analyse KPIs for all enhancement projects.
- Collaborate with key team members from across the business working on the day-to-day running of the product(s) to improve efficiencies and solve product-related issues.
- Communicate internally and contribute to external communication, with non-technical language, as relevant, to ensure product enhancements and success are promoted and understood, and that any issues or bugs affecting the use of the product are shared and handled, as appropriate.
- Interact regularly with product customers & users to ensure full understanding of their wants, needs and perspectives in order to be an effective voice within SAGE advocating their viewpoint.
- Establish strong relationships with product stakeholders, promoting the reputation of the product, and the work of the Product Innovation department.
- Actively engage in emerging technologies, techniques and innovations to drive strategic business decisions.
Qualifications & Education
- Experience working in Product Management
- Awareness of the Academic Publishing Industry
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective stress management skills
- Strong working knowledge of the full suite and administration of Office 365 Microsoft solutions
- Strong knowledge of product management best practices
- Good understanding of the latest tech trends.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other data analytics / data management tools
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a fast changing environment.