Location: London, Euston
Salary: £70,000 – £75,000 depending on experience.
As a member of one of our product teams, you will be central to building and growing your product area and outcomes by leading a team through discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
As a Product Manager you will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in Tech are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Product Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across the business about what the right thing to build is, you and your team are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
Finding and managing opportunities
- Work with your customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Rapidly build knowledge of your domain and assess opportunities
- Be inspired by new technology, competitors/like-minded businesses, future thinking, and more to suggest opportunities to improve Cazoo
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy and direction for your Products.
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with UX, User Research, Engineering and key business SMEs…
- ….utilising rapid experimentation via a toolbox of techniques (e.g., user testing, concierge tests, prototypes, fake doors, wizard-of-oz, demand tests, A/B or MVT, etc.)…
- …to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and the business
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead
Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on persist, iterate, or drop
Product Management Practice
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice at Cazoo
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
- Contribute towards hiring first rate product managers
- Set the example of what great product management looks like.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- dual track (discovery/delivery) experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- Previous experience in managing complex technical SEO projects that focus on performance improvements, whilst planning ahead for forthcoming changes (i.e. core web vitals)
- Identifying content strategy opportunities and driving the creation of modular functionality with a CMS, that serves content to customers at each stage of their buying journey
- Experience in working with CRM teams to understand user engagement and develop strategies to retain and grow our marketable database
- Extensive experience developing multiple complex products through full life cycle who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- Knowledge around GDPR compliance laws, and previous experience with implementing user data capture touch points across the website
- Excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- Loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.