We’re looking for a Junior Editor to join our content team at Mind the Product
The person we’re looking for needs to have a keen interest in digital products. An understanding of the product management process or what the product manager role entails would be beneficial. Most importantly though, we’re looking for someone who’s an excellent communicator, has a way with words, and who can spin copy into shape with ease!
The copy in question is predominantly that of our guest authors – important members of our community who we endeavour to support from submission to publication. We care about these people and want to ensure their experience of publishing on mindtheproduct.com is enjoyable, stress-free, and packed with useful insights.
Reporting to the Director of Content you will identify submissions as they land in the inbox, update the editorial team on what’s in the pipeline, keep an eye out for people in the community with great ideas, work with guest authors to prep content for publication.
Who we are
Mind the Product started life in 2010 as a small tech meetup in London. Since then, we’ve grown those meetups to 200+ cities, delivered around 20 conferences on three continents, built a highly regarded training business, and evolved into a fully-fledged media and publishing organisation.
We’re a diverse team of technically adept individuals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. We believe in the quality of content and customer experience as our guiding lights.
We went through an amazing period of growth, and this year, re-engineered the business at incredible speed to survive the global pandemic which has wiped out many other conference-led organisations.
We’re a tight-knit team with substantial complexity, so we’re looking for someone who’s ready to work in a small, agile team but take on challenges more often associated with far larger firms.
Who you are
- You have writing and editing experience – perhaps even some experience managing an editorial team inbox
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You’re super organised – you’ll need to set your own deadlines, adhere to wider editorial deadlines, and keep authors up to date of the status of their submissions
- You’re keen to learn more about writing and editing but are willing to take responsibility for a lot of administrative tasks too
- You have a demonstrable interest in digital products and perhaps even experience in a product role (an understanding of the tech industry is important for this role)
As a Junior Editor at Mind the Product, you will:
- Manage the editorial inbox, reviewing commissions and providing helpful feedback to our lovely guest authors
Support guest authors in getting their submissions ready to publish
- Upload posts to mindtheproduct.com using WordPress (ideally you’ll be familiar with HTML and comfortable making small edits in HTML or are willing to learn)
- Sub-edit articles, source images, write promotional social posts and optimise articles for SEO
- Review editorial copy from around the business and support with event writeups
- Stay up-to-date on everything happening in Product so that you’re able to spot a great post idea the second it lands in the inbox
Mind the Product is headquartered in London but the team works remotely (even pre-COVID). We offer flexible working – we trust our people will get the work done.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Very flexible working arrangements
- Laptop of your choice
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Home-based, with any travel expensed
Apply by providing the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role and our team
- 3 blog post ideas that you believe would be a great fit for mindtheproduct.com
- Examples or links to previous work you’ve produced
First-round interviews will take place the week commencing 2nd November with the Director of Content, Imogen Johnson, during which there will be a short assessment. Final stage interviews will take place with our Chairman, Martin Eriksson, w/c 9th November.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Editor Application”